What's new

Cutter Upgarde

Kimyounil

They call me Mike.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am looking to upgrade my cheap plastic guillotine cutter. I was wondering if any had any suggestions? I've heard alot about xikar and I know Jkim05 recommended one but I don't remember the name.

Mike.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I use both the Palio and the Xikar. Love them both. The Palio cuts like a dream and is easy to carry. And once I got the hang of the Xikar, I tended to be drawn to its heft. Either one would be an excellent cutter for you. They both have lifetime warranties.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I have MASTERED using my cheap two blade plastic cutter, and I feel sorry for all of you that need to upgrade to those expensive toys!!

Buwahahahah!!!!!

:grin:

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Palio. The SAKs are very precise, but not as convienant. I had a Xikar for awhile and never liked it. It was heavy, didn't cut cleanly all the time and I pinched my palm on occasion.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Teeth. They are covered by dental insurance and you can bring them on an airplane.
I bring my Xikar on a plane (they are cleared by TSA), only because I don't want to lose my Palio to some dumbass.....I say this because even though the Xikars are nice, it's just that I have two of them and can afford the loss, although I still would not be happy.

After using Chuck's Xikar mini tool, I think I want to buy one of those next.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I bring my Xikar on a plane (they are cleared by TSA), only because I don't want to lose my Palio to some dumbass.....I say this because even though the Xikars are nice, it's just that I have two of them and can afford the loss, although I still would not be happy.

After using Chuck's Xikar mini tool, I think I want to buy one of those next.
i thought cigar cutters in general were kosher on planes...or is it just xikar?

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I love my SAK the most, but my Xikar is really quite nice and it would be a very good purchase.

Of course, I plan on buying a Palio and a Xikar multi-tool and a probably several other cutters as well, so take my opinion with a grain of salt....cuz I like 'em all. :grin:

Kimyounil

They call me Mike.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase either a xikar or palio? Right now it seems like palio might be what I will buy.