What's new

Cutter Upgarde

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I've used many cutters. I do not like the regular Xicars at all. They just don't cut very precisely. The Multi Tool is a little better, and I used that for a long time. Many friends of mine own Palios, they make a GREAT cutter. If I didn't already own a SAK, I would probably buy one of those. My SAK is a great cutter too. very precise cut and easy for me to use. I like the scissor action as opposed to the sliding action of other cutters.

It all comes down to a matter of personal preference. Do you like the feel of a cutter, or a scissor? If you like the feel of a cutter, get the Palio. If you like the scissor type go for the SAK. Both are vastly superior to the Xicar imho.

Kevin

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
... It all comes down to a matter of personal preference. Do you like the feel of a cutter, or a scissor? If you like the feel of a cutter, get the Palio. If you like the scissor type go for the SAK. Both are vastly superior to the Xicar imho. Kevin
Yup. Couldn't agree more. And cigarmony is definitely a great place to get a Palio.:applause:

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I'd have to agree that Cigarmony is the best place to get your cutter. Whether it be a Xikar or a Palio. The Xikars do take a bit of getting used to. Once I got the hang of them, I can get as clean a cut as I do with the Palio. But, as you can tell from the posts here, it's largely a matter of personal preference.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
xikar, that's the way to go. good cut everytime, looks cool as hell too. that is all I use, going to get another too.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I like my X3 but it is the wood grain and I decided to spill Multiple beers on it and it really does not do all too well with the liquid on the wood..

Kimyounil

They call me Mike.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like both are out of my budget as of now, any suggestion for something cheaper? My current one is HORRIBLE. I almost ruined a cigar last night because it was so dull.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like both are out of my budget as of now, any suggestion for something cheaper? My current one is HORRIBLE. I almost ruined a cigar last night because it was so dull.
I think you'll find you get what you pay for. Having said that, the double-bladed guillotines that Holt's sells for a few bucks a pop are usually pretty good. One of the things that gets sacrificed on the altar of price is quality control, so there may be a fair amount of variation from sample to sample. Before you toss your cutter(s), wipe the blades down with a Q-tip soaked in alcohol, if you haven't already tried that. You should do that periodically (every week or two, depending on how frequently you smoke), no matter what kind of cutter you use.