What's new

Dads of Daughters

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
One 17 month old, and our second girl due mid February. Glad the second one is a girl too. We got a Christmas tree from the church youth this year, 3 boys and a girl helped load it up. 2 boys started arguing who was taller. One boy kept explaining that he didn't know how to do it because he delivered last year. Girl quietly tied the tree to the car and instructed the other one when needed. I was so impressed, and grateful to have a girl.

After we got home I discovered it was barely tied and probably a miracle it didn't fall off, but she had the right attitude is the point.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I went to a public high school or 2 years then switched to a private high school and I can tell you I learned 10x more then what I learned in public school because the students were more interested in going to make their drug deals then learn or go hide out in the theater bathroom and do who knows what.
Yet none of your schools have been big on emphasizing punctuation or sentence structure apparently...

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@kit_luce what does your daughter think of you smoking cigars and pipes?
I mean, she is 10 months so....I dont think she thinks of it at all lol. The other day I was unpacking some and let her smell the opus x I picked up and she started trying to grab it though lol. I dont smoke around her though at all lol

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My daughter is about to be 18, and is a senior in high school. She has a damn good head on her shoulders. 4.3 GPA, National Honor Society, etc.
We've kept her busy with FFA and 4H, showing lambs and goats for the past 8 years. She's got 9 lambs and 5 goats this year alone. She spends around 3 hours a day at the barn. It's costing a fortune feeding the herd, but it's worth it.
My point is the same as others have mentioned:
Keep them too busy to get into trouble. An older friend of mine told me something that has stuck with me all these years.
"Show animals are expensive. You can either pay it and keep them busy, or use that money getting them OUT of trouble from running the streets."

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
My daughter is about to be 18, and is a senior in high school. She has a damn good head on her shoulders. 4.3 GPA, National Honor Society, etc.
We've kept her busy with FFA and 4H, showing lambs and goats for the past 8 years. She's got 9 lambs and 5 goats this year alone. She spends around 3 hours a day at the barn. It's costing a fortune feeding the herd, but it's worth it.
My point is the same as others have mentioned:
Keep them too busy to get into trouble. An older friend of mine told me something that has stuck with me all these years.
"Show animals are expensive. You can either pay it and keep them busy, or use that money getting them OUT of trouble from running the streets."
I worked with a guy who had a daughter the same age, been doing softball for years. One day he was talking about the cost of bats, gloves, driving all over the southeast, uniforms, etc. I was blown away by the numbers, but he just shrugged and explained it was cheaper then rehab, getting pregnant, or any legal fees.

Good for you and your daughter, I'm sure FFA gives kids a great work ethic and sense of accountability.

Sent from the Barbarino Batphone

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I worked with a guy who had a daughter the same age, been doing softball for years. One day he was talking about the cost of bats, gloves, driving all over the southeast, uniforms, etc. I was blown away by the numbers, but he just shrugged and explained it was cheaper then rehab, getting pregnant, or any legal fees.

Good for you and your daughter, I'm sure FFA gives kids a great work ethic and sense of accountability.

Sent from the Barbarino Batphone
This year is on track to be around 12k before its over. That's just animals and feed. Every major show cost around a grand in travel and entry fees. She had around 3k from last year's sales, so it's not ALL coming out of my pocket. Thank God this is the last year. I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it. And then she starts college in the fall......

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Yet none of your schools have been big on emphasizing punctuation or sentence structure apparently...
Wasn't aware you are the grammar police. Knock off the jabs at Camaro Man. Tired of dealing with PM and reported posts. Same rules apply to you Camaro.

Last edited:

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I have a 10 year old daughter, and there are 7 other girls within a few years of her age (all 6-13) living on our end of the street. So only the 1 that I'm formally responsible for, but sometimes they all end up at my house. My record is 10 at a time, including my own... it can be hectic
I have four girls, ages 5-11. There are 8 more on our block, between 5-14. I feel you, bro.