What's new

Daughter’s Birthday Box Help

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Calling all CC experts aka @memphsdad and @ChuckMejia jk anyone is welcome and appreciated!

So I’m looking to grab an affordable 10-15 count box sub-$250 preferably for my daughters birth month/year of JUL 17

Now I’ve seen a few from a source many use, one being the Boli Libs but not many others in this count or price range were listed with the month/year combo

My question for you ladies is what you think is reasonable and will age well that fits my criteria above? I appreciate the responses, please PM if you could assist further than just advice - don’t troll Chuck, thanks!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I think if you’re one of the ones that loved the Boli Libs, that would be a great choice.

Personally I sought boxes of regular production 25ct boxes with the idea that I would wait five years (to age them) the smoke one each year from ages 6-17 (12 cigars) smoke WITH them from 18-21 (8 cigars) and give them the remaining fiver as a gift for them to do with as they please. If the girls decide not to smoke them with me, maybe a wedding present for their future husbands.

EDIT: I guess for the oldest two I bought Por Larranaga Asia REs as that was all that was available when I had the ability/desire to purchase those boxes. They’re Asian, so it seemed fitting. :)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I think if you’re one of the ones that loved the Boli Libs, that would be a great choice.

Personally I sought boxes of regular production 25ct boxes with the idea that I would wait five years (to age them) the smoke one each year from ages 6-17 (12 cigars) smoke WITH them from 18-21 (8 cigars) and give them the remaining fiver as a gift for them to do with as they please. If the girls decide not to smoke them with me, maybe a wedding present for their future husbands.

EDIT: I guess for the oldest two I bought Por Larranaga Asia REs as that was all that was available when I had the ability/desire to purchase those boxes. They’re Asian, so it seemed fitting. :)
Nice. (y)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0

Ridiculously cool idea. Wish I'd been more into cigars when my kids were little.

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0

Thats a pretty cool idea too Derek, I’ll have to think about that as well, thanks!!

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Thanks for the help Chuck.....
Ill help

1. You know the sources
2. You should be patient as obviously not many boxes with that code are out, yet.
3. Stop being cheap
4. Smoke more CCs that are in your humidor and less NCs and you won’t need to ask for recommendations.
5. You don’t even smoke CCs much
6. You should look into some tat boxes, I think he started using the Cuban date format on his boxes
7. Lols

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ill help

1. You know the sources
2. You should be patient as obviously not many boxes with that code are out, yet.
3. Stop being cheap
4. Smoke more CCs that are in your humidor and less NCs and you won’t need to ask for recommendations.
5. You don’t even smoke CCs much
6. You should look into some tat boxes, I think he started using the Cuban date format on his boxes
7. Lols
Lmfaooo this is why I love you man, but no I just figured you’d have some insight in regards to aged stock how certain sticks fair long term since you’ve been smoking ccs much longer but I appreciate the advice broski!

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Are you stuck on getting an LE/RE? You could easily get a reg production box of 10/15 for way under your price range. (minus espy, sig6) And the reg production smokes usually aren't duds like the double bands are. Not to mention Jul 17 box dates are easy to get.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I really like Derek's Plan. The ERDM has a nice flavor a girl may enjoy, love Boli as well; no idea how either would do for long term aging.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Lmfaooo this is why I love you man, but no I just figured you’d have some insight in regards to aged stock how certain sticks fair long term since you’ve been smoking ccs much longer but I appreciate the advice broski!

Imo it would be easier to keep your hand off of two libertador boxes as opposed to buying a 25 count SLB.

I just got a 2017 boli libertador box and it’s beauriful. I can post a pic when I get home if u want

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a box of Epi for my son , 5/08. I happen to have two boxes for my daughter. I sought out a box of Connie 1’s for 04/16. Then I got a box of BBF just to smoke, and happened to get the same date code, so I kept it as a secondary birthday box. I had a BBF on her first birthday, and will probably have a Connie 1 on her second.