What's new

Davidoff

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I haven't had the Davidoff line yet but picked up a couple Zino Classics and was pretty impressed. A mild, sweet smoke that had supeeb construction. I think I paid $6.50 for it so it was an affordable stick, too.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Matt,

Here ya go from Cigarcyclopedia

Los Angeles, October 7, 2009 – No one is more devoted to limited-edition cigars than Davidoff.

They might have been the first to introduce the concept with their 1997 Davidoff “535" edition, celebrating the 10th anniversary of the opening of their U.S. flagship store on Madison Avenue in New York, three years before the “Edicion Limitada” program was started in Cuba.

Formal limited-edition Davidoffs debuted in 2002 and there have been one or two new blends each year, including 2009. But another special-production popped onto the market last week and disappeared almost as quickly as it was placed on the shelves, the Davidoff Colorado Claro.

As with the standard Davidoff line, these cigars were made at the Davidoff factory in the Dominican Republic, using an Ecuadorian-grown wrapper and Dominican-grown binder and filler leaves. The difference is in the wrapper, which has a deeper and richer color than the standard line, hence the name “Colorado Claro” to describe it.

Only four shapes were made, all from the Davidoff “Special Series” and in very, very limited quantities:

# Double R (7 1/2 inches by 50 ring) in boxes of 10 for $276.00 (80 boxes made);

# Short Perfecto (4 7/8 x 52) in boxes of 10 for $137.00 (160 boxes made);

# Special R (4 7/8 x 50) in boxes of 10 for $159.00 (640 boxes made);

# Special T (6 x 52) in boxes of 10 for $189.00 (300 boxes made).

According to Davidoff brand manager Danielle Hawthorne, “The first shipment of this current release of Colorado Claro became available for retail sale at 8 a.m. on October 1 and was sold out early morning the next day. We are expecting another small shipment before [the] end of 2009. There won’t be any additional shipments going into 2010.”

Apparently, the only size not to be shipped, and still to become available, is the Double R.

The here-today, gone-tomorrow Colorado Claro Davidoffs were marked by a second band and a stamp on the inside of the lid of each box; all of the cigars were clad in cellophane. The total production was just 1,180 boxes or 11,800 cigars in total. Added Hawthorne, “but keep in mind that there may be less released because unless the wrapper is perfect, it won’t be used.”

Davidoff New York General Manager Michael Herklots remembered that a previous edition of the Colorado Claro Davidoffs had been issued back in 2002. “They were never an official ‘line,’ but certain cigars used to be sorted and stamped ‘cc’ to indicate they were darker. Now, we're sorting wrapper specifically to be used as ‘colorado claro.’”

Davidoff’s announcement of the item noted that “This sun-grown Connecticut Ecuador wrapper is reminiscent of the Cuban varietal – dark, reddish-brown in appearance – and stronger in taste. The genetic structure of its seed produces lower yields and only a limited quantity of these harvested leaves meet Davidoff’s strict quality standards.”

These are collector’s items for sure, but their “overnight” popularity means there will undoubtedly be future versions of the Colorado Claros.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Nice construction but the couple I had were lacking... I have 2 or 3 different kinds sitting around in the humi somewhere, maybe I will give them another go...

Boosted

War Eagle!!!
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I like many of Davidoff's products. They just about have a cigar for every mood I'm in. I love the Millenium blend and the Anniversary No.3. From the Zino Platinum line, I like the 2008 Master Edition. I like both the 2007 and 2008 Special Wrapper from the ZP Crown line, and I absolutely adore the new Emperor that was released for 2009. The WC Spitfire is a nice, little smoke. They are expensive smokes, but I enjoy that Kelner taste.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Just finished a Davidoff Colorado Claro Special T and I must say it was exceptional. I am not usually a Davidoff smoker, but this cigar is ALMOST worth the price. Very complex and possibly one of the best looking cigars I have smoked.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Have enjoyed the Millenium Blend Robusto over the years - if I find a deal on them I buy and store - great construction, mild flavor of hay, grass, slight pepper at times - beautiful wrapper feels like silk - depending on vintage - and I'm a big Tat fan!!!

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If you prefer a mild body and have some cash to blow, I would suggest Davidoff. I'd honestly would rather go w/ an Ashton Classic. Last time I smoked a Davidoff though, I only got through about 1/3rd before I lit up something to interest me, I believe it was an Illusione MK. I'm not a mild fan, but the construction was great, and you can tell it's a well made premium. Too me it's not worth over $5 though, just my preference.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am not a fan of Davidoff either. Alot of buck for not much bang. I dont even like the Zino Plats. I would rather spend 15 bucks and get like 2 tats or some other sticks.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Diademas Fina. Also Pricey but buttery smooth. And as has been said before...beautiful construction. Even though I love this cigar it is no good to me after 11 AM. Very light

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are indeed pricey but they have their unique flavors which you rarely find in other cigars. I agree that they are most well-constructed.

Since they are pretty expensive, they might be suitable for special occasions but the problem is I usually prefer something heavier for such occasions....

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
a lot of folks say davis are good in the morning only, and i agree for most of the lines. but i think the millenniums, anniversarios and some of the le's can hold up as an after dinner smoke. oh, the special r and double r's too.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Ive had a couple they were ok. I have a sampler I won from a Updown event Im going to let rest a year and have at it. Man for 20 bones there are a ton of great cigars out there. Good thing they sell alot of these in NY. Cause where I'm from alot of guys aren't going to spend that much on 1 smoke.
Having said this the Leaf is now a official retailer so I wonder how they will sell?

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ive had a couple they were ok. I have a sampler I won from a Updown event Im going to let rest a year and have at it. Man for 20 bones there are a ton of great cigars out there. Good thing they sell alot of these in NY. Cause where I'm from alot of guys aren't going to spend that much on 1 smoke.
Having said this the Leaf is now a official retailer so I wonder how they will sell?
Were you at the Latest Davidoff event? If so I probably seen you there and didn't even know it, haha.