What's new

davidoffs

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not a lot of love for davidoffs on this site.I'm I missing something? Iknow its not the money you guys aren't afraid to burn money I know that.So what's the deal?

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
IMO the davidoffs are good cigars i would just rather spend my money elsewhere on better sticks with more complex flavors.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Not a lot of love for davidoffs on this site.I'm I missing something? Iknow its not the money you guys aren't afraid to burn money I know that.So what's the deal?
I assume you are talking Non Cubans...

Honestly, Davidoffs have always seemed fairly bland to me (some would call it "Mild")...I tend to like more full bodied smokes, and that is the reason I don't smoke many of them...

YMMV...

~brooks

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
They get a note here and there...but not a lot of talk about them. I am just beating a dead hoarse now with this...but they tend to be a little too mild for me too. For that price point I like to get a little more spice and complexity. I do buy one here and there...great afternoon smoke...but not really something I crave. Just my .02...

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Same here. Just not worth the money to me either. I do have the three pack of the scepter crown stretch in the humi....just for looks though. I've smoked a couple chubbys and concluded that I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Never had one. I'm relatively new to cigars and I don't see myself spending that kind of cash on a stick that I don't know much about. Maybe one of these days, but since I hear people seem to think them as medium bodied, I might not. I prefer full bodied around now

-Dave

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They are very good cigars. Only two of the lines would i call mild. The other lines are very very good and can be extremely complex. But they are not for everyone, most do not like the Davis don't like the mustiness in the smoke, or have smoked a Classic or Mille series and think all Davis are that mild.

If you are interested in the Davidoff challenge try:

a Millennium Lancero
a Special R or Double R
any LE
the Colorado Claros

I really think those sticks above can change a few minds...

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
They are very good cigars. Only two of the lines would i call mild. The other lines are very very good and can be extremely complex. But they are not for everyone, most do not like the Davis don't like the mustiness in the smoke, or have smoked a Classic or Mille series and think all Davis are that mild.

a Millennium Lancero
a Special R or Double R
any LE
the Colorado Claros

You do seem to love those Claros, I need to find a few to review...

~brooks

Last edited:

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I like the Davidoffs too, The Special R, Millenium (almost too rich tasting), the LE's & the Claro are all wonderful. Unfortunately, at $15-20+ each, I don't smoke them often.

I agree with Matt - the signature taste (mustiness/ mushrooms) is an aquired taste & personally, I wouldn't want to smoke them every day. I honestly feel the same way about Litto Gomez's cigars. They are fantastic, but that signature green-apple taste is not a taste I want everyday.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0

a Millennium Lancero
a Special R or Double R
any LE
the Colorado Claros

I agree with Jamie 100% on this one. I have always been a big Davidoff fan, I like that "Kelner Trademark Flavor." I just can't afford to smoke them on anything other than a special occasion.

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
a Millennium Lancero
a Special R or Double R
any LE
the Colorado Claros

Totally agree with the Colorado Claros, especially!

Never mind, just bought what was apparently the last box in existence LOL!

~brooks
I think I may know where some more of the Special R's can be found.