What's new

davidoffs

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Davidoffs aren't really my thing. I smoked that Special Short Perfecto, and thought it was total trash. It went out 5 times at 65%RH. Just not a fan of that hay and earth flavor that characterizes their smokes. They are pretty close to cubanesque as far as some sticks with flavor and aroma but lack the body. Not my cup of tea I guess, especially for the price. A better stick to buy are the Paul Garmirians and Avo's made practically (or in partnership) with the Henke Kelner and Eladio Diaz of Davidoff.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Davidoffs aren't really my thing. I smoked that Special Short Perfecto, and thought it was total trash. It went out 5 times at 65%RH. Just not a fan of that hay and earth flavor that characterizes their smokes. They are pretty close to cubanesque as far as some sticks with flavor and aroma but lack the body. Not my cup of tea I guess, especially for the price. A better stick to buy are the Paul Garmirians and Avo's made practically (or in partnership) with the Henke Kelner and Eladio Diaz of Davidoff.
Henke blends Avo's smokes and tabadom (davidoff's factory) makes them.

dowjr1

Dan O
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Too many other GREAT cigars out there for 1/2 the price of a typical Davi. Also, I don't believe for a second their price is higher "bc of all their QC." Their price is higher bc they decide to price it there...not bc of added cost or expense in their process.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Too many other GREAT cigars out there for 1/2 the price of a typical Davi. Also, I don't believe for a second their price is higher "bc of all their QC." Their price is higher bc they decide to price it there...not bc of added cost or expense in their process.
Part of it is the qc. They draw test every single cigar that comes out of the factory. Most of the price difference is because the market will bear it.

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I love me some Davidoff, so clean and smooth. The Colorado Claro's, Double R's, Special R's, Selecion 702, 100th Anni Robo, and the 2000 are my fav's, all great smokes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am a huge fan of the Davidoff Maduros. that is a solid cigar right there. i am also a fan of the Gran Cru and the thousand series.

in fact, i like most of the stuff that Davidoff produces. Avo, Zino, Griffens, etc..
the "kelner musk" is one of the things i love about those blends. the Zino classic is the first cigar i had with that musk and to this day it remains one of my favorite products from that company.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
i am a huge fan of the Davidoff Maduros. that is a solid cigar right there. i am also a fan of the Gran Cru and the thousand series.

in fact, i like most of the stuff that Davidoff produces. Avo, Zino, Griffens, etc..
the "kelner musk" is one of the things i love about those blends. the Zino classic is the first cigar i had with that musk and to this day it remains one of my favorite products from that company.
Ditto with the Grand Cru. Love it.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
My review for http://www.cigarinspector.com was the Davidoff Short Perfecto today. A lot of complications due to construction problems. I have only had this problem with this vitola, but not in others. They usually smoke like dreams but this one was a nightmare. I prefer Avos and Garmirians to Davidoffs so far. But I haven't had the Oro and Gran Crus yet. I will smoke them soon to see if I am missing anything.

TMS

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'll third the Diademas Finas. If you can find any buy them, even if you don't want them, buy them for ME!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My review for http://www.cigarinspector.com was the Davidoff Short Perfecto today. A lot of complications due to construction problems. I have only had this problem with this vitola, but not in others. They usually smoke like dreams but this one was a nightmare. I prefer Avos and Garmirians to Davidoffs so far. But I haven't had the Oro and Gran Crus yet. I will smoke them soon to see if I am missing anything.
from your experience and that of other reviews i've read, the difference between the old connecticut and the new ecuadorian wrapper perfecto is like day and night. hope you have a chance to try the old blend as it was truly a fine smoke.

here's a review by barry that is similar to your findings:

http://www.acigarsmoker.com/2009/02/09/cigar-review-davidoff-short-perfecto/