What's new

Desktop Humidor recommendations

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I don't think its a matter of it being humid outside. One's a bright maple burl veneered 50ct, the other is a black Gurkha branded 30-ish count that I got from Stogiefisher. And one is a nice, deep/dark cherry veneered 25 ct.. Just some cheapo Quality Importers humidors that came from CI and Thompson.. but the cherry one is nice..
They all show some signs of use, minor scuffs and scratches.
I'm currently using a $69 "Dublin" 100ct from Amazon as my "go to" box sitting on the dresser. Works like it should, and looks good doing so.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QMXAUEU/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1515703561&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=dublin humidor&dpPl=1&dpID=31tDTIV2P7L&ref=plSrch
View attachment 107213
That thing is stuffed to the top LOL

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
https://www.amazon.com/Sistema-1870-Collection-Rectangle-Container/dp/B00284AG5U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515704584&sr=8-1&keywords=SISTEMA+1870

https://www.amazon.com/Spanish-Cedar-Tray-Adjustable-Importers/dp/B00B9234HE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1515704686&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=CEDAR+TRAY&psc=1

This is what I've been looking at - from what I understand the Sistemas can be had cheaper at Target, but 2 trays per Sistema, around 50'ish smokes.

Like I said, if this humidity problem with my desktops comes back up, I'll be looking at converting to a few of these.

I currently own 3x glasstop Whitetail II's - they're not bad, I'm sure they're a veneer but seem to be solid-ish, and do a pretty fair job of holding humidity outside of SoCal (just too dry here). Hoping they come around - currently all holding around 68-70'ish.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
My problem is I would have a better chance of talking my wife into a beautiful looking aristocrat then I would adding another tupperdor. But she’d probably just shoot me and get rid of the evidence
I've got a little "bookshelf" in a corner where my 3 humidors are, along with my tupperdores on the bottom for storage. It's semi-hidden (beside my desk, printer on top, "my side" of the bedroom) so small changes generally go unnoticed for me. I think if I were to go with all Sistemas and make it a bit more "uniform" vs. stuff on each shelf being different / everywhere, she wouldn't notice right away (but if she did, she would probably be happy to see it look "cleaner").

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checkout Craigslist. Create a search on humidors in your area and it will email you updates. There is a lot of junk but once in a while you hit something really good. I picked up one that was custom made for about half price. Solid walnut exterior and solid Spanish cedar interior - no plywood, no fiberboard and no veneer.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
My problem is I would have a better chance of talking my wife into a beautiful looking aristocrat then I would adding another tupperdor. But she’d probably just shoot me and get rid of the evidence
Haha that's what mine says all the time. Even with the cooler in the closet, she hates looking at it and said I need to get a nicer way to store my cigars.....until I showed her the prices.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Haha that's what mine says all the time. Even with the cooler in the closet, she hates looking at it and said I need to get a nicer way to store my cigars.....until I showed her the prices.
It’s amazing how that changes it isn’t it? My wife said the same, why would you get a cooler, why don’t you get something that looks nicer. And after showing her the prices I see she ordered the cedar trays for the coolidor yesterday...

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My Desktop sits on my Sofa Table in my living room, it is like a piece of fine furnature, made by Michael Dixon. Tupper-A-Dor are in other place hidden from eyesight they are ugly.

People who see the Dixion most comment on the wood, it is like functional art.

image.jpeg