What's new

Details of the event with Pete Johnson at Cigar Shop and More (Large Post and Pics)

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Well, let me start of by saying my time in Addison was a blast. The morning started of with a real treat (More on that in another thread).

I arrived at the shop around 11am after dining on a Chik-fillet chicken biscuit (yum, none in Ohio). I walked into the store and was finally able to meet some faces behind the phone calls and emails.

Jennifer and Kent run the shop and are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. The shop was occupied by 4 other regulars that welcomed me into their store and provided some good conversation until my fellow BOTL'ers arrived.

A couple of hours later and after a La Riqueza #4, El Truinfador, and a Noella Cuadrado Brian (PLUSH) showed up, picked up a beautiful CRA sampler and sat down. This was already a great day...

We continued to shoot the breeze for a while and then BrooksW shows up. The conversation, HERF, and meeting people I have only spoke to online was a great experience. After a little more time Jason (jwyatt55) shows up in full BDU's. I had a special stick waiting for him.

By this time it was close to the start of the event and everyone had smoked multiple cigars already. The store was packed at the start of the event. It was not much longer before we saw Pete coming into the store. He actually made it to the back room without getting swarmed.

All the people that showed up got their boxes and swag signed while Brooks, Brian, Jason, and I continued to talk and let the crowd die down.

After a short while Pete sat down with us and pretty much spent the rest of the evening shooting the shit with us. Brooks got in a photo shoot of Pete and had us all cracking up. We discussed cigars, UFC, life on the road, and got in a little history on other legendary names as well.

If you have never met Pete and have an opportunity, make it a point to do so. He is a very down to earth and personable guy. Easy to talk to and fun to be around.

Whew, long post already...now for the pictures.

Brooks, Jason (jwatt55), Brian (PLUSH) and Pete Talking

Brooks, Brian and Pete

Jason smoking a SW Maddie with a Frank waiting in the wings!

My first TAT Black (no comments on the fingernails please!)

Brooks concentrating on a special cigar he is reviewing, Brian and Pete in a deep conversation....

I am not anywhere near as good with a lens as Brooks. Good times right there.

Now for the days take. Not including what happened this morning:

The SW Maddies were purchased for the members of BOTL.

Here is Aarons box signed by Pete. On top is my raffle winnings

And here is a pic of my Drac lid signed by Pete as well as the one for........

The Additionals included 3 packs of Tat Blacks, Swag: Hats, patches, pins, tags and cutters....

Oh and Hendy, I got something non-cigar for you that I think you may like...blame Duane :glassesgr

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Sounds like a great time!!!

Crazy haul too! I should have had you pick up a box of Ambus Mundos while at the event for me - score a few more blacks while at it - those hats are sweet too!

Thank you for posting the pics & sharing your experience!!!

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
(repost from another thread)

GREAT time was had by all...

Pete sat and talked with a few of us nonstop for about 1 hour, gave me one of the new unreleased International El Triunfador (Lancero-ish) to review (but I had to review it in front of him! LOL!), allowed me to take kickA** portrait of him...

And about 5 of us who were around at the end of the night got a VERY special cigar for our trouble (think 25 made in the whole world :)

Thanks Pete, thanks Kent (Cigar Shop and More) and thanks friends...a night to remember :)

Oh, and I am really not as fat as I look in the photos :)

~brooks

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I forgot to mention that Brian had a guy come up to him asking for an autograph. We though that he was being mistaken for Brooks since www.smokingstogie.com is such a great site, but alas, the pour soul thought Brian was Pete Johnson!!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Oh my gosh, what an amazing event! I'm so glad you guys got to do that, and several BOTLs even! A very special time indeed. And I like the looks of that stash! Though I especially like the looks of one of those signed Drac lids ....:blob::blob::applause::blob::blob:

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
just goofing off while Pete is doing a photoshoot

[ame="http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i193/bkpatton_1968/?action=view&current=IMG_0004.flv"]IMG_0004.flv video by bkpatton_1968 - Photobucket[/ame]

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Oh my gosh, what an amazing event! I'm so glad you guys got to do that, and several BOTLs even! A very special time indeed. And I like the looks of that stash! Though I especially like the looks of one of those signed Drac lids ....:blob::blob::applause::blob::blob:
No cost on the shipment on the lid brother....It should go in an envelope and be pretty light...Padded maybe, but light nonetheless. :devil: :rofl:

Last edited:

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
pete's events are the best. i honestly want the golden ticket more to have a party thrown by him than to be given a bike!