What's new

Dial up beware--Wasch_24s NoVa Herf -- Sept. 17th

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Well I arrived in NJ about an hour ago. We made pretty damn good time getting back in not much over 3 hours.

Thanks todd for everything! Had a good time meeting everyone, and thanks again to all those who kept handing me cigars (I lost track after a while)

Oh and on the way back we saw a car with the license plate "Cigars" anyone know that person (or is that person)?

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Thanks to Todd for hosting the event!! Let's do it again next weekend :popeyes:

It was a great time and I'm definitely glad I made the trip, even if Josh forgot his toothpaste and we had to marinate in his bad breath during the ride home. :noemotion

Not so happy i lost my smokes to Jdub in poker :(

Look forward to meeting up with you guys again.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks a TON for having us over Todd. Your house is very nice and your daughter is cute as a button.

Glad to see everyone again and thanks for Eric, Jason, Larry & Josh for making the long drive! (Also Brian & Matthew).

Can't wait for the next one!
~Mark

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Thanks for the thank yous guys. :scratchhe :dunno: :hysterica

Anyway, thanks a bunch to everyone of you for coming over and making the herf a great success, the rain be damned. :thumbsup:

I too would like to extend a special thanks to JW, Vipe, Ashy, and Joshua for making the journey to NoVA.

I am planning on making this an annual event at the least...maybe even more often for the local folks!

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like everyone had a great time, and nice pics Todd.

Out of curiousity, at one of these herfs, how many cigars does each of you smoke?

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
c10bonanza said:
Looks like everyone had a great time, and nice pics Todd.

Out of curiousity, at one of these herfs, how many cigars does each of you smoke?
I smoked 4 between 4-10:30

01 JL #1 from Todd
Hdm Pir EL
Cohiba Reserva Cor. Med.
04 RyJ PC

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I started smoking at noon and smoke kinda slow. I didn't go more than a half hour without a lit cigar all day.

I smoked:
Don Gabriel Corona (definitely all cuban tobacco) from JW
PSD4 from N2
'03 Punch RS12
'98 Bolivar CE bought from N2
'01 Bolivar Churchill from N2
Don Gabriel Corona from JW

I gave away a few cigars. :wink:

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang...if I smoked that many cigars in one afternoon, I don't think I would be able to taste anything for a week! I am definitely a lightweight. :smokingme

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Wow...too many to remember, but Todd, Vipe and I started early (around noon). Mark is a master-passer though. I brought a bunch planning on handing a ton out and really didn't do all that well...I can tell as I managed to come back with more than I left with! Of course, the poker game helped with that...:eyebrow:

A huge thanks to Todd for hosting and putting me up at his wonderful home; Rachel for putting up with all of us; Vipe, Ashy and Joshua for making the trip; and everyone else that made it. Wow, this is like an Emmy speech or something! :bouncetau

Seriously though, it was an excellent time and I really enjoyed meeting everyone.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Wow, just WOW!.

I just got in the door a half hour ago...

Let me say that (unbiasedly since I flew in from afar) that this was one of the best HERFs I've ever attended. There's so many people to thank that made my trip wonderful. In order of meeting:

Mark

You went above and beyond. From holding up a cardboard sign with "vipe" plastered across it with a magic marker, taking time out of your day to pick me up from the airport, great conversation, paying for the food and drinks at the tavern and the sublime cigars you gifted myself and all the other brothers. You made me feel very welcomed to VA. Thank you.

Todd

What can I say? You're an amazing brother! I can't express enough of my gratitude in one post, a few sentences or a paragraph. Thank you for opening up your beautiful home for Jason and I to stay. Like I told your wife - I wouldn't have been able to make it without your hospitality. The stay, the food and drinks, the smokes, the HERF, the tour trip around DC and Shelly's, dropping me off at the airport and for everything in between. I'm saving up for the next one :thumbsup: Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :awholelot

Jason

Another fine BOTL that came from afar. Thanks for all the great conversation and not making me feel like the sole survivor of La Casa del Waschers! LOL. Thanks for the enjoyable game of Texas Hold 'Em and having patience with this newbie poker player.

Rachel

Thank you for the hospitality and letting Jason and I and all the other brothers hang out at your house. Thanks for letting Todd come out and play! Without your contributions, my stay wouldn't have been half as good.

Order gets a little hazy here since I had too much nicotine in my system at this point...

Thom

Ya crazy bastid with your HCF shirt :D Thanks for putting up with me with the seat next to yours.

John, Eric & Matthew

Glad to finally meet you guys but I wish we had more conversation time. Hopefully next time around :thumbsup:

Larry

Where's my hooka bro? LOL I've met very few nice NY'ers but your definetly one of them! Great conversation and just in case you're wondering, your poker smokes are safe from JW :wink:

Joshua

Glad you got a few more sticks to try out :wink: Thanks for showing the gadgets I've yet to see in person. And the BOTL wallpaper on the PSP - too cool.

Brian

Wish you could have stayed a bit longer bro. Next time for sure! Was very cool meeting one of mods on this board. You represented Dave and John well with your open invitation of your cigar caddy.

Shane

Very nice meeting you bro. Let me know when your down visiting your parents here and we'll definetly hook up for a smoke or two.

Allan

Even though you couldn't be there, you were in spirit and thanks for the picture. Tele-herfing; too friggin funny.

Dave

The man, the myth... the legend. I still feel bad that you had circumstances beyond your control and couldn't attend. I smoked the custom El Laguito you gifted me in your honor after talking to you on the phone and it was the damn best smoke of the weekend.

Tubaman's HERF guys

Would have been awesome if we could have all joined up. Was quite cool to see everyone from the entire NE and beyond blazing some fine crop simultaneously.

To everyone else who couldn't make it

Hopefully next time :thumbsup: