What's new

Dickman cut?

The BurgerMeister

the devil is a busy man.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone ever use this cut? tried it today on a lonsdale, and it's interesting. gives you the ability to direct the smoke to different parts of your mouth. it also seemed to make the smoke a little cooler.

from JRCigars.com:

"No conversation about cigar cutting would be truly complete without mentioning the "Dick Cut." Now stop laughing and let me explain... It is named in honor of its biggest proponent, Joe Dickman, the soon to be retired Fuente-Newman west coast sales rep. This is a straight cut, but done at 45-degree angle. This cut opens a tremendous surface area and directs the smoke down onto the palate - the idea being that it will maximize the cigar's flavor."

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=jrcu_cutting has a diagram at the bottom of the page, too.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
That angle looks pretty severe––you're gonna have to stick a lot of the cigar in your mouth to get a decent draw on it. I'll pass....

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I use that cut for torps...and torps only. When my friends ask me what I am doing, I tell them it is the ckay cut.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've tried this a few times and know a couple guys that use it exclusively for torpedoes - doesn't really work on a straight cap cigar. I don't care for it, I feel like I've got too much cigar in my mouth and don't find the flavor any different or the smoke any cooler.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
That angle looks pretty severe––you're gonna have to stick a lot of the cigar in your mouth to get a decent draw on it. I'll pass....
Maybe that is how it got its name!

I first heard about this last February at a charity event from a former NFLer and I thought he was out of his mind and didn't know what he was talking about. Glad I didn't say anything because it looks legit!

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
how about a cut where you punch the cigar in the middle and you have to stick the cigar all the way in your mouth to smoke it. Could call it the Fellatio cut. Or maybe punch it on the side of the head and call it the Flute cut. LOL

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tried it a few times myself and didn't really notice any difference...as most are saying it's a cut for Torps and you have to be careful about cutting past the cap. What's next, the hatchet job aka VaginaCut?