What's new

Dickman cut?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Never heard the name, but I use a much less severe version on Torpedos. I can't see a cut like that being good on a standard cigar as it would cut through the cap. I mean that is a massive angle on that cut.

RobustoMoe

No1 CC blanket bomber
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've tried this a few times and know a couple guys that use it exclusively for torpedoes - doesn't really work on a straight cap cigar. I don't care for it, I feel like I've got too much cigar in my mouth and don't find the flavor any different or the smoke any cooler.
Ditto that. I heard about the "slanted cut" on dog watch cigar radio first. Been using it on my torpedos. But it does nothing to be honest. Just a gimmick. :dunno:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Seriously... "Joe cut" couldn't work instead? :scratchhe

Side note... Buddy of mine won't even use my v-cutter. He calls it a dick cut. :nodlaugh:
I thought this was going to be about V-cuts, just because of the look of the cigar once the V has been cut.

The BurgerMeister

the devil is a busy man.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i definitely cut right through the cap on the stick i tried it on, but it didn't unravel. the annoying thing, as others have mentioned, is that you end up putting a lot of the cigar in your mouth. in any case... it's a good cut to try if you want to try something different.

and... just call it an "angle cut" or maybe a "Joe D." cut.

:)

kaelaria

CigarObsession.com
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not that I found it makes much of a difference anyway, since I typically cut my torps way down to begin with, but I don't like having more than the tip in my mouth (that's what she said).

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
this one is for shawn....

This very same technique can be applied by using your thumbnail (or teeth) to gently pierce through the wrapper, in a circle, to separate the cap from the cigar. Although a cigar snob would snicker at this practice, this is the most common cutting method used by those who actually farm the leaf and make the cigars. With a little practice, you can become quite deft at doing this quickly and cleanly

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
:dunno: Only knew it as a beveled cut. :scratchhe

I know a lot of trumpet calls used for turkey hunting have a beveled end that you suck on allowing a greater vibration across your lip. But this is a cigar forum and not a turkey hunting forum, sorry.

PepinAddiction

Thought Criminal
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm a fan of the match stick punch. A former member here got me hooked on it. Haha, although I love the name... may have to do it just so I can tell someone it's the "dick punch"... or cut... or whatever.