What's new

Did I go too far?

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Death to malfunctioning car alarms and the idiots that can't turn them off.

This &^%* car alarm on this asshole's riced - out accord started going off at 4:45 this morning and still hasn't stopped. The first couple of times, he came out and turned it off, but after that he just let it roll. That's right. Gee, maybe he just wanted to go back to sleep.

I left this note on his windshield on my way out this morning alongside another one that was already there:

>>>

Suggestion:

Car alarms are designed to sound when someone is tampering with your car. When your car alarm starts sounding at 4:45 in the morning and you just ignore it, the only purpose it serves is to piss your neighbors off. I left this note on your flashing, honking, ricer POS on the way to make what will be a semi - comatose presentation at 9, and you are most likely still asleep under your cozy "fast and the furious" comforter.

Here's a hint - DISCONNECT IT. AT THE BATTERY. If you and your buddies can put all that useless crap on your car (tach mounted on the hood? come on...), then you can probably trick out your car alarm so that it works correctly.

Forgive my poor spelling, grammar, and disposition. I've been up since 4:45.

>>>

Then, at the bottom, I taped an old house key to the note and wrote - "If your car alarm begins sounding before dawn again tomorrow, please save me the effort and key it yourself"

Too much? I wouldn't say that I regret it, but there's a nagging voice in my head saying "christ man... what's wrong with you".

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
LMAO! I don't think it was too much...you didn't outright call him a bunch of vulgar names, you just pointed out his shortcomings, that's all.

It's funny, but it's not mean. :nodlaugh:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
:rofl:

I think it was appropriate. It probably might actually have an impact, more so than a brick through the winshield (that would be my approach).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Too Good!.........

Myself, most likely would have taken a Shot-Gun to the Hood as I'm of "VERY LITTLE" Patience.. Glad you made it to "Work" and not Jail!~. I think I'd at least knocked on the door or called the cops on top of the note: Police: I think someone is stealing a car next door! might work also?...

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
LMFAO!! Very nice! But you know that he is going to force you hand tonight....Make sure you don't put out any threats that you don't want to back up, because if he is a young punk fast and the furious mo fo, he will make you back them up...

drew

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like a good way to handle it. I just hope that it works, because I know in the apartment that I used to live in the "brick threw the windshield" mentioned above would have happened around 5:15 A.M.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
My uncle handled a similiar situation this way:

The alarm went off for no reason, but the owner was not home. As the alarm was not sophisticated enough to detect no odd issues after a couple of minutes and shut itself off, it kept going. This was in the early evening.

So my uncle went over with his floor jack and proceeded to raise the front end to simulate towing. The alarm finally went off. Using a stack of 4x4 scraps, he blocked the back wheels and raised the front end about 3 feet off the ground. He left his neighbor a note to get a better alarm system or he might return home to find his car hanging in his tree.

brainvictim

Whats going on over here?
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
LMFAO!! Very nice! But you know that he is going to force you hand tonight....Make sure you don't put out any threats that you don't want to back up, because if he is a young punk fast and the furious mo fo, he will make you back them up...

drew
I agree, just out of spite he just might let the alarm go off all night, or at random times during the night. Most likely he will probadly not be by himself, so be careful, and good luck.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I agree, just out of spite he just might let the alarm go off all night, or at random times during the night. Most likely he will probadly not be by himself, so be careful, and good luck.
Eh - I've seen the guy. My pitching wedge is bigger than he is. I'd be happy to show him. And his friends.

Seriously - if it goes off again, I'll call the law and let them deal with it. I'll probably still be up at 4 am anyway. There are at least 3 cruisers parked in my neighborhood at any time, so I may not even have to. I'd love to see a pissed off cop in his robe and slippers smashing the window with a baton. Maybe I'm just deprived of sleep, but that's an entertaining image.

I live in the burbs - if I still lived dowtown, a brick through the windshield would be a little more appropo (but someone would have almost certainly beat me to it).

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I was with ya on the note, until the key part.
If he was smart (and that's a big IF), he'll hold on to that note and the next time he notices some damage he'll say you did it. Your key has your prints on it and depending on how bored/enthusiastic your cops are, it could be trouble.
But that's just my five steps ahead paranoia talking. You're probably fine.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Do car alarms even serve any purpose anymore? They go off all the time when the car is not being stolen so nobody even pays attention to them.

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Too funny, some of the guys I would have known would have gone the brick route or depending on how mischievous they were feeling, drilled a hole right through his fender and directly into the battery (depending on the car) so it could drain the battery. That would prevent future alarm outbreaks.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Whenever I went to a bike event with my buddy, a BIIG Harley fan and rider, he would carry a bottle of soy sauce, and a small bag of rice with him....When he saw a rice bike, he would put a little rice and pour some soy sauce on it at the back of the exhaust pipes, then find the rider, and get him all worked up about his bike having a leak ;-)

drew

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Do care alarms even serve any purpose anymore? They go off all the time when the car is not being stolen so nobody even pays attention to them.
I agree.....big waste of time, money, and do more harm than good!

I also think the note was appropriate, but I would have left out the key part.......I am more of a physical vs material abuse threatner!:rofl: