What's new

Dilemma.....

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Try somewhere you have never been to be different.

I would hit somewhere up North while the weather is great in the Summer. Maybe somewhere like Maine or RI at a B&B and enjoy a fresh lobsters for dinner. Vegas, FL, and NO are too damn hot this time of year and can be just as fun in the colder months.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
So watcha thinkin' Ray? I think everyone's covered the basics...obviously if you come down near Tampa let me know so we can get together for a smoke.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Go play golf with Randy. :grin:
Actually Randy has a little tournament called Death In The Desert in August I believe. Just exactly like it sounds. Those who say Vegas is hotter than hell this time of year forget, you are never really outside in Vegas. We go all the time as rates usually are very good particularly mid week. Sadly, San Diego has to be one of the best unless you really want to come to Gods country in Santa Barbara.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Actually Randy has a little tournament called Death In The Desert in August I believe. Just exactly like it sounds. Those who say Vegas is hotter than hell this time of year forget, you are never really outside in Vegas. We go all the time as rates usually are very good particularly mid week. Sadly, San Diego has to be one of the best unless you really want to come to Gods country in Santa Barbara.
So watcha thinkin' Ray? I think everyone's covered the basics...obviously if you come down near Tampa let me know so we can get together for a smoke.
Actually, the current plan is to attend the HERF in October in Tampa.

Elaine will be in Santa Barbara on August 26 till the 29th with her sisters, Janelle (niece), Meghan (daughter) and Peggy (long time friend).

Then September 14 we leave for Todd's as stop to visit my Sister and her husband in Mesquite, Nevada. We'll be there about 2 weeks.

Therefore the limited travel window before the ticket expires.

Lots of good suggestions.

Keep em coming.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I suggest you fly into Boston and head up north about 1 1/2 hours to Rockport, MA. It's a beautiful town right on the coast. It's not far from Gloucester where you can go on a whale watch. I LOVED going to Rockport and want to go back soon! We stayed at a place called the Yankee Clipper in that while not cheap, was worth the money imo.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I suggest you fly into Boston and head up north about 1 1/2 hours to Rockport, MA. It's a beautiful town right on the coast. It's not far from Gloucester where you can go on a whale watch. I LOVED going to Rockport and want to go back soon! We stayed at a place called the Yankee Clipper in that while not cheap, was worth the money imo.
Excellent advice. We lived in Mass and Glouster and Rockport were favorites. We would travel the coast of Maine during the summer. Lots of fun, sea food etc. Kennebunkport and Goose Rocks, Maine. Further up Freeport home of LL Bean and the LL Bean outlet.

You can actually spend a whole week just around Boston if you like revolutionary war stuff at its best.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
As I said; mi casa is su casa. California or Vegas.
I was think ing the same thing. I'm in So Cal and 10 minutes from the beach, multiple cigar lounges nearby, 1.5 hours to Mexico. And a never ending supply of beautiful women. We also have great pot if you are into it. For that Glaucoma, you know.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm not sure if you're the NFL fan that I am but the opening day of the season is Sunday Sept. 9th. You could always fly to a stadium you've never been to for opening day. I'm going to see my Titans in Jacksonville at Alltel. Never been in that stadium before.

Or you could always go the baseball route? Fenway? Wrigley?

Sports may not be your thing but those trips all sound great to me. Wrigley is an experience even if you don't like baseball.