What's new

"Dirty Rat" - What are your impressions?

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Love the Dirty Rat. JD and Steve hit one out of the park with this one. Big fan of the CG size...so I am hoping to see the 6x46 size come out.

Reeve11

crookedburn
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I smoked my first Dirty Rat last saturday night. This was the first stick in the LP line where I was like... I finally get what everyone is so jazzed about. The second half of this stick was really on point for me. I want more.

Dan

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
One of the few NC's I really like......but I cannot get passed the high price to justify boxes.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Love the Dirty Rat. JD and Steve hit one out of the park with this one. Big fan of the CG size...so I am hoping to see the 6x46 size come out.
Say what now? There's different sizes of the Dirty Rat coming out? I'm clearly out of the loop.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FYI, no new sizes currently planned for release, but have been experimenting with the "Dirty Rat" blend in various sizes.

IMO, the blend does not give me the peppery zip I desire once over a 46 ring gauge... which makes sense given the fact that it was developed originally in the 44 format.

After much experimentation and lots and lots of smoking the best larger size is 6.25 x 46 - it is the best translation of the desire impact and flavor in a bigger format - again imo.

While playing with the various larger sizes I have been calling these "ratzilla" and the name has stuck... plus it makes me smile when I say it.

In response to some of the comments:

1) This is not a balanced blend like the T52 or #9, this is a really peppery stick that is not for everyone. I love it, but it satisfies a very certain cigar desire for me.

2) As I have always warned, the cost of making these fat coronas is very high. A lot of time goes into bunching 5 different fillers into this small format. We realize it is expensive and from the get-go have been very candid about this fact knowing that people might balk. Whether it is worth the price can only be determined by you yourself.

Dirty Rats are -definitely- not for everyone.

Fwiw, I often tell people that when you blend a cigar that everyone likes you are ultimately creating a cigar that no one will love.

BR,

STS
President, Drew Estate

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
FYI, no new sizes currently planned for release, but have been experimenting with the "Dirty Rat" blend in various sizes.

IMO, the blend does not give me the peppery zip I desire once over a 46 ring gauge... which makes sense given the fact that it was developed originally in the 44 format.

After much experimentation and lots and lots of smoking the best larger size is 6.25 x 46 - it is the best translation of the desire impact and flavor in a bigger format - again imo.

While playing with the various larger sizes I have been calling these "ratzilla" and the name has stuck... plus it makes me smile when I say it.

1) This is not a balanced blend like the T52 or #9, this is a really peppery stick that is not for everyone. I love it, but it satisfies a very certain cigar desire for me.

2) As I have always warned, the cost of making these fat coronas is very high. A lot of time goes into bunching 5 different fillers into this small format. We realize it is expensive and from the get-go have been very candid about this fact knowing that people might balk. Whether it is worth the price can only be determined by you yourself.

Fwiw, I often tell people that when you blend a cigar that everyone likes you are ultimately creating a cigar that no one will love.

BR,

STS
President, Drew Estate
Thanks for clarifying Steve.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Not a big fan of this stick.. had a pre release, and one since the actual release.
It does not hit me as a strong stick... and I get some pepper, but not much.
Maybe my pallet... but just not something I like much. I prefer other Drew Estate cigars over this.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I really enjoy the T52, the Rat and the #9. The T52 and the Rat are two of my favorites. I Think I would enjoy one like the Ratzilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
15   0   0

BR,

STS
President, Drew Estate
very interesting. i love the strength of the dirty rats in the corona, but personally a 6.5x46 would just be too much for me, and i probably wouldn't drop $14-15 a stick if that's what it ended up at. Love the ratzilla name though! please just release some more dirty rats :)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I really liked it. It is a nice size cigar to smoke that is full of flavor and nice and strong. It is pretty expensive for me thought.... especially for the size of the smoke.