What's new

Disapointed

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
It pains me to write this but I am so disappointed I have noticed a recent trend on chat and to a more limited extent in the general forum that is unbecoming what we are supposed to stand for. I almost never enter the chat room mainly because it does't interest me but on the few occasions that I do there is a nasty streak towards some of the members usually new ones. I have PMed people in the past and called them out but I see an ever growing problem. If someone is new to the whole forum process there is no need to slag them off in chat or worse in their intro. If you don't like something or someone let them know privately, I don't mean the idiots using the forum to market without sponsorship( drive a stake in that behavior) but a less than welcoming tone and remarks that border on insults not just the normal slightly snarky and humorus. The inclusiveness is what brought me here and I would hate to see that spirit die as I have seen in other forums. The generosity of the majority keeps me coming back but if that goes so does the raison d'etre.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I have PMed people in the past and called them out but I see an ever growing problem.
AMEN! I don't know if the problem is *that* bad brother (let's stay optimistic!) But I fully understand what you're talking about! (y) Without the "newb," there can be no BOTL. I reached out to one of the recently insulted today to hopefully make right -- but suffice it to say, I am disappointed by the rudeness shown to some of the new brothers of late. There's no call for that -- PERIOD! :stop: That's not what the Brotherhood is about...this site is supposed to transcend all that. I'm sure @Eric , @Angry Bill and and @bdc30 are keeping an eye on things and will admonish those responsible...(y)

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I'm rarely in chat, so perhaps I need to go there more often. I know I am constantly reading many of the posts to ensure we not have inappropriate posts. But, I will go into chat several times a day to ensure no rudeness occurs. If there is ever a questionable post on the forums themselves, please do not hesitate to report it. I will tell you this, of all the times I've been in chat ver the years, the banter is usually good hearted. Brothers teasing one another, talking. I think at times, can't may be construed wrongly if someone doesn't know the participants,

Also, i know we like to "protect" our home. There are methods to help our newer members grow into our community. It is one reason we want people to go post An introduction and then Read through the guidelines and advice to ensure a smooth assimilation onto the forums. But, it is not the brotherhoods job to bash or harass any newbie or constantly criticize their posts. If any member has a problem with any member either take it to pm or let one of the admins/moderators know about the issue. We will take appropriate Action for each situation.

Remember, each of us were newbie members at one time and more than likely, someone helped us find our way on the boards. It's the reason why so many are lifelong friends now.

Leaving the thread open with hesitation. I've learned things go sideways really fast.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thanks for posting this @Bubb. Honestly, one of the reasons why I even joined this forum in the first place was the warmth I felt here. In a day and age where people so easily turn rabid behind a keyboard, this place seemed like a light in the darkness. Granted, it's a bit of an good ol' boys club, but it's not/hasn't been to the extent that felt unwelcoming to me. Had it been, I assure you, I would not have joined.

My hat is off to @Eric for creating this home away from home and the moderators keeping it clean as possible. It can't be easy keeping up with the constant flow of newcomers, and we would blind to think there weren't ill intentions at some point. But all in all, I am proud to be a member of this forum and will continue to partake of and promote what I feel is the greatest cigar forum online.

Thanks!

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I'm all for welcoming anyone as we were all new at one point.

However:

when people come into chat and say "so who is going to send me sticks?" not once, not twice but three times and then go on other threads and say the same thing, I have less of a welcoming attitude.

Also, if you're not familiar with the regulars chat, it does sound meaner than it is. But we know each other and other than Chruck, we like each other.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
If it is actual bashing then I agree and not just razzing the young bucks in fun and games. Chat should be a fun place where new guys should feel welcome.

I remember when I first started I was banned quite a few times just for shits and giggles but I knew that was just the way it worked. When it timed out you better believe my ass was back in there giving @Walter the shit right back.

Some of us our protective and I never thought I would be that guy but if someone is begging for it like @sofc says they aren't BOTL material. So it just depends on the situation for me.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
If it is actual bashing then I agree and not just razzing the young bucks in fun and games. Chat should be a fun place where new guys should feel welcome.

I remember when I first started I was banned quite a few times just for shits and giggles but I knew that was just the way it worked. When it timed out you better believe my ass was back in there giving @Walter the shit right back.

Some of us our protective and I never thought I would be that guy but if someone is begging for it like @sofc says they aren't a BOTL material. So it just depends on the situation for me.
I'll be mean to you but only on Facebook :)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0

Some of us our protective and I never thought I would be that guy but if someone is begging for it like @sofc says they aren't BOTL material. So it just depends on the situation for me.
You were justly banned. :)

I've been banned for no good reason so many times.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I'm all for welcoming anyone as we were all new at one point.

However:

when people come into chat and say "so who is going to send me sticks?" not once, not twice but three times and then go on other threads and say the same thing, I have less of a welcoming attitude.

Also, if you're not familiar with the regulars chat, it does sound meaner than it is. But we know each other and other than Chruck, we like each other.
Who's begging for sticks? And ban Chuck.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Someone seriously doing this? should just be banned, obviously have nothing to contribute to the forum, or has any idea what they are about if they are gunna do that. I feel once is even unwarranted, but after multiple efforts the need to be nice is over I agree. As a new guy I know that, but not new to forums and what they are meant for, they aren't for a quick handout.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
@Bubb never really seen you in chat to be honest. But there are some crazy times where new people go in there and act like idiots. There's plenty of brothers here who spend hours in chat daily. I am sometimes one of them and I just don't agree with what you're saying in regards to chat.
he lurks all the time, i know this because i always notice his avatar when its in there cuz its from the cover of the ADnD players handbook