What's new

Disapointed

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
he lurks all the time, i know this because i always notice his avatar when its in there cuz its from the cover of the ADnD players handbook
That's cool, still don't agree with him. I don't know what aDnD is. Some of these guys literally jumped into chat asking for sticks that's not something we do around here.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
That's cool, still don't agree with him. I don't know what aDnD is. Some of these guys literally jumped into chat asking for sticks that's not something we do around here.
oh yeah im on your side on this particular argument dont worry. was just saying, i always recognize the avatar because of how iconic it is to me.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
oh yeah im on your side on this particular argument dont worry. was just saying, i always recognize the avatar because of how iconic it is to me.
See how nice we are in chat and at BOTL...we even accept DnD nerds like Jake. Don't be afraid of BOTL, newbies...though when Jake starts talking about DnD in chat it's best to leave chat immediately. Why? You'll never get those ten minutes of your life back. Jk, Jake. :)

Last edited:

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
See how nice we are in chat and at BOTL...we even accept DnD nerds like Jake. Don't be afraid of BOL, newbies...though when Jake starts talking about DnD in chat it's best to leave chat immediately. Why? You'll never get those ten minutes of your life back. Jk, Jake. :)
I agree with Alan, we are very nice to each other in there even if there isn't a botl code!

:)

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I am in Chat quite often... Ok too often. I have to say... that I have not seen it to be a place where people are not made to feel welcome. In fact, I'd say that Noobs made to feel extremely welcome in Chat. In fact, when new members find chat, often they become regulars immediately. If someone was made to feel unwelcome, maybe it could be a learning opportunity, but to say that there is a trend for newcomers to be unwelcomed in Chat is absolutely a misrepresentation of the place I am aware of.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Agreed.
As I've mentioned before, I used to post here about 5 years ago. I was basically run off while I was still new, because I was just getting into the hobby and someone I did a trade with felt that what I sent them wasn't very good (despite the fact that it's all I had, and I gave them 15 sticks for the 5 they gave me).
Luckily, that particular individual (and a couple others) don't seem to be around here anymore.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I am on chat during the a large chunk of the day, and I think the razzing you maybe seeing is being misconstrued. I know sometimes we say things that we instant regret or seems out of place (@ar2381 still have my foot in my mouth), but we have a true respect for one another and do not want to see anyone feel like they are not welcome. This is a brotherhood and for those who have brothers they know what sibling heckling is all about. Now to any brothers coming in and saying who's sending me sticks, which I have seen and agree with Ara, that does not fly with any of us, that is truly just garbage, completely uncalled for and you will get completely shit all over with that attitude.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Agreed.
As I've mentioned before, I used to post here about 5 years ago. I was basically run off while I was still new, because I was just getting into the hobby and someone I did a trade with felt that what I sent them wasn't very good (despite the fact that it's all I had, and I gave them 15 sticks for the 5 they gave me).
Luckily, that particular individual (and a couple others) don't seem to be around here anymore.
the mistake you made was letting someone that was not a moderator or an admin "run you off"...

this is the internets.. keyboard commandos can f*ck themselves..

there will always be a jackass among us.. you cant have thousands of people from dozens (if not hundreds) of cultures all pile into one place without occasional conflict..

for the most part conflicts self resolve here.. people figure out who the "good guys" and the "bad guys" are in due time.. the good guys tend to gravitate toward one another.. and the bad guys end up either getting banned.. or bored.. and leave on their own accord.. (except for that Ara guy.. we cant seem to shake him for shit... :D )...

Ive met in person close to 100 members of this board.. many of them I am proud to call "friend" in "real life"... they are no longer just an online personality somewhere across the universe..

Im in chat probably 4-5 days a week.. sometimes for several hours a day..

I have been on this board for years..

I have not seen behavior in chat in the last several months that warrants any attention by the mods or admin.. what has been said has either been in jest.. or has been deserved...

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I agree with all that's been said, when I just came into the forum everyone was very welcoming in chat, except for Chuck lol, but I felt the love immediately..to be honest you get what you give, I appreciate the kindness and what not but if I was to go in and beg for sticks in chat or post obscene things I can't expect people to just blindly throw them at me or respect me without offering the same respect back...just my .02

BOTL has been a great place from my experience thus far, still as a noob myself

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I am on chat during the a large chunk of the day, and I think the razzing you maybe seeing is being misconstrued. I know sometimes we say things that we instant regret or seems out of place (@ar2381 still have my foot in my mouth), but we have a true respect for one another and do not want to see anyone feel like they are not welcome. This is a brotherhood and for those who have brothers they know what sibling heckling is all about. Now to any brothers coming in and saying who's sending me sticks, which I have seen and agree with Ara, that does not fly with any of us, that is truly just garbage, completely uncalled for and you will get completely shit all over with that attitude.
It's okay, brother. There's no need to keep your foot in your mouth. I tried to convey that I wasn't offended by using :)