What's new

Disappointing/Overrated Cigars

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Casa Magna Colorado.

Came out the year I started smoking cigars, I bought a few because they were the #1 cigar of the year, and man... what a let down.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Casa Magna Colorado.

Came out the year I started smoking cigars, I bought a few because they were the #1 cigar of the year, and man... what a let down.
Pulled one of these out of the humi last week that had been in there for awhile and loved it. Just shows that everyone's tastes are different.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Room 101 OSOK - was bland, flavour didnt change, ditched it. i hyped it up to myself cos the packaging looked cool
Tat Unicos - was ok, but I smoked it a few days after a PCR, was expecting something on par with the PCR, so was a bit disappointed
FFP and DR - had heard heaps,but didnt think they lived up to the hype for me. were still good, but i dont think they matched my tastebuds. like the Tat Unicos, not the cigars fault, just not for me

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
...the Jalapa is as good as the Espana but it needs at least 6 months of rest..
I don't agree with that at all, but I guess that's why so many cigar makers make so many different kinds of cigars - because everyone's tastes are different! Why don't you agree...it's the same filler tobacco only with a lighter shade wrapper and with the RG in a churchill size you're not going to really taste any difference unless you smoke a much smaller RG

Also, how do you know the Jalapa's will be better with 6 months of rest? They haven't even been out that long, have they?

I know because of the experience I have with the Espana and Oktoberfest....the only difference between the Espana and the Jalapa is the wrapper ( the Jalapa has a light tan shade which is for the US market )....I've had the Espana at a 30 day mark and at 6 months and 1 year and if you can wait that long the Espana is very good...so this is why I know the Jalapa is going to be just as good at 6 months and a year.

Like you said we don't have to agree at all when we talk about cigars....as to what we like vs what somebody else likes. Some people actually like Guantanameras and then you have some great cigars that are discontinued..go figger.
I'm quite aware that the only difference between the España & Jalapa are their wrappers. I've also tried every size of the Jalapa too & I've been left feeling the same with each....utterly disappointed. So therefore, I just flat out don't agree when you say (as a matter of fact) that:

...the Jalapa is as good as the Espana...
Maybe to you they are, and I totally respect/accept that, but to me, they just aren't... ;)
Hey....it's a big market of cigars out there and to debate what one finds is a good cigar vs a bad cigar makes no sense at all...if one doesn't like a particular cigar it's not like it's a cigar that I own...it's a cigar. I was able to score some Jalapas before they came on the market which is why I know what they are like at 6 months and if the Espanas don't blow your dress up then that means more for those who do like. :yes:

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Same here though I do enjoy Lost City
Lost City is My fav of the OpusX series! Love em...just can't afford em!

Another cigar I don't get is the Casa Fuente...have not had one I liked. Jdog gifted me a Casa DC I think that's the correct size. Anyways I'm letting that one age to see if my opinion changes.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A lot of love hate for the Jalapa. I've only burned through a couple and the first was somewhat of a let down but it was windy outside and I was not focused on the cigar. The second one was enjoyed on my couch and it was extremely good. You have to let the smoke wash over your sinuses and the aroma is very nice. A sipping cigar that needs to be retro-haled for the flavors to show. It is fairly light bodied though.

LP9 never did it for my palate. T52 is great to me, but the 9 comes off as dark and lacking richness and vibrancy.
I thought the same about the #9 at first. But after 6-12 months of aging they are almost as good as the T52!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
J Fuego Edicion de Familia- just tried it since it came out recently. I had somewhat high hopes because of the tobacco being aged for so long (10 years). I thought, "Oh, like a Family Reserve." No. Not at all. :frownno:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i love padron, but i have had some AMAZING anny and 26, and have had some good anny and 26. i am being critical over price, i agree, but still, good is not really enough at that point. for me.

opus, though, still leaves a smile every time. once again, for me.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I was severely let down by an RASS recently. It wasn't bad or harsh, but I was not impressed at all.
It was extremely bland to me.

andysc83

Hack the Gibson!
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Smoked a Viaje 5th Anniversary the other day and for the price, this thing was just bad! Lacking flavor, bad draw, and just plain forgettable. For $13 I'd rather smoke an Opus or Anjeo.