What's new

Discontinued in 2012

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
List of Havana cigars discontinued in 2012
These Havanas will be taken out of the current portfolio. Since many years Habanos S.A. discontinues production of cigars that are usually not well accepted by the market (anymore). Most of these we shall be forgotten quickly - yet some will be missed. Here we are with what will be taken out:

Bolívar Corona Extra
Cuaba Tradicionales
Fonseca Fonseca No.1
Hoyo de Monterrey Churchill
La Gloria Cubana Tainos
Punch Petit Corona del Punch
El Rey del Mundo Petit Corona
Romeo y Julieta Corona + Petit Princess
Sancho Panza Molinos
Trinidad Robusto T + Robusto Extra
Vegas Robaina Clásicos + Familiar

I am really going to miss the BCE and Trini Robu T.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Man...this sucks!
I'm gonna miss the Triny Rob Extra and the Boli Corona Extra! :sadstare:
Wish I had enough money to stock up.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I try not to look at these lists as it only makes me :angeryell

So now I wont be able to get any PC sized Punch cigars

I've always prefered the thinner RG VR's and now they are gone

Never tried the Trinni Robusto T. But it seems they were very popular.

Bolivar Coronas Extra were one of the best in their line up and now they are gone.

The ERDM PC's that I've smoked were alway a good cigars too.

Unfortunatly it's a lot of the thinner RG cigars that are being disco'd and the way the trend is right now. I expect more in the future.:frown:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It's a shame that within a year or so of Don Alejandro passing they are actively decimating his brand. Love me some Clasicos.

Sucks about the Boli CE and the ERDM PC. Been smoking the crap out of the ERDM's lately and they're fine smokes.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
cohiba siglo VIs are also being discontinued. Everyone stop buying them...:waving::pitchfork
I'm waiting for the axe to drop on the Maduro line. Seems like a small minority that likes them. I wonder if they are even producing much any more, and just selling through what they already have - would suspect the sales rate is rather low.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Just doesn'take sense to an American mind. Why discontinue, just make fewer or fix the price point.

But HSA are Commies, they think that people will buy from them no matter what, so if they streamline--in their minds--they win, because everyone will still give them money. I think they are WRONG. I think that at least a lot of people will not simply replace the BCE with more BPCs, but will buy more NCs, or simply buy fewer cigars.

I really HOPE so, because these idiots clearly don't care about the consumer base, only sales numbers. So they need to see their sales decrease for them to wake up. HSA treats cigars smokers like we were cigarette smokers, and will just keep buying because we need to.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm waiting for the axe to drop on the Maduro line. Seems like a small minority that likes them. I wonder if they are even producing much any more, and just selling through what they already have - would suspect the sales rate is rather low.
Never seen them made in the factories that I have visited and yet there are some on the shelves with 2011 box codes

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
The assault on thinner ring gauges continues....
Yeah, that's quite a shame.

Here's a question. Habanos knows they're getting rid of these cigars. There may (and probably will be) a rush to buy what is lest before they're gone. Do you think that the quality for the last production of these cigars will be inferior? Maybe Habanos puts their less experienced rollers on the discontinued lines?

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Yeah, that's quite a shame.

Here's a question. Habanos knows they're getting rid of these cigars. There may (and probably will be) a rush to buy what is left before they're gone. Do you think that the quality for the last production of these cigars will be inferior? Maybe Habanos puts their less experienced rollers on the discontinued lines?
Good question, Aaron may know.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I think most of the disc they prob just stop producing in the previous years period; IE 2011 for the 2012s. Then those rollers as long as they are trained appropriately for another vitola get moved to another factory table. Just a guess. It's been said by Rob that some marcas have almost a year of surplus right now. Could very well be for some of these disc.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I think most of the disc they prob just stop producing in the previous years period; IE 2011 for the 2012s. Then those rollers as long as they are trained appropriately for another vitola get moved to another factory table. Just a guess. It's been said by Rob that some marcas have almost a year of surplus right now. Could very well be for some of these disc.
Probably true. Though a few have been sold out since this was announced (BCE, for instance).

hdlr

Large Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The assault on thinner ring gauges continues....
It's really getting ridiculous. They're replacing them with these 54-56 ring gauge cigars. Most of my favorites are either going or already gone.

When I saw the list I went out and got another 4 boxes of Clasicos. Vendors are already running out of them. I wish I had the room or I'd get even more.

audio1der

Cuban cigar snob #1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys realize that list includes some formats (i.e. 50 cab) of a particular cigar, not always the cigar itself, right? They even axed 50 cabs of Boli PCs :tongueout but will continue making the 25 dress box. If they do "discontinue" a cigar it may be for a period of time as well, and not forever. Buy enough to last you a while but don't take a 2nd mortgage out onyour house lol
These lists used to freak me out too.