What's new

Do You Ever Feel Like You Have Outgrown Your B&M

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have a JR's thirty minutes away. It isn't a bad shop. The only problem is the humidity levels. I've had some issues with mold and long acclimation times when I get the sticks home. However, they seem to be working on it and they have a good selection of sticks by the single.

Twenty minutes in the other direction is Bull City Cigar Company's new retail shop. They have bi-weekly "smoke outs" on the outside patio. They usually have local food vendors and free water. Plus, they have small alcohol brewers and live music from time to time. They are currently planning out their own lounge with a byob policy and lockers for rent. The only down side is that they only carry their own sticks. Well, really that isn't a downside. They have a blend for nearly any mood. I'm hoping they get a Nicaraguan blend soon. The master roller use to work for Davidoff and Fuente. It shows in their love of Dominican fillers.

Not a bad situation to be in.

StogieFisher

Trolling troll is trolling.
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I don't expect my B&M to carry a great selection but its nice when they do have some great gars in stock. I usually only buy 1-2 a time there and go there for the drinks and company. The mark up is at least 50% more than what I can find most smokes at online and I am cheap.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hard to justify visits to B&M stores around me because the cost of doing business and taxes in our state make the product prohibitively. Very hard to compete with online retailers.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to mention their sticks are often way over or under humidified...although I'm sure it's hard to keep walk-in humidors at proper RH when customers are in and out all day long.

Parker
Well, I would think that if the staff were vigilant about keeping the door closed when not being used, the issue of frequent in and out is pretty much moot...with all the volume of air displaced in the typical walk-in humidor, it would take the door being open for several hours before the RH is greatly affected. Customers being in and out is just part of the game plan...their humidor better be up to the task, is all I'm sayin'...