What's new

Do you ever save a cigar to relight later? + LONG ASS STORY

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
:vomit:

Thats pretty much all I have to say about relighting an old stick.

Well if you cut them, put them back in Celophane they are ok, not great. Use to do this 20 years ago when I was working, it was a way to be frugal.

Like I said in the last year may 2 or 3 times.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ah hell no! Day old cold general tso's and egg rolls is tasty! relit oldys is just barf inducing.
Me love Cigars & Chinese Food.
I knew you twisted sisters would love cold Chinese food...you love it long time. I love cold pizza....our tastes at times run counter intuitive. FWIW....I've had Chinese 3 times this week...I know it's laced with something cuz I'm able to read the fortune cookies and they aren't written in English.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I knew you twisted sisters would love cold Chinese food...you love it long time. I love cold pizza....our tastes at times run counter intuitive. FWIW....I've had Chinese 3 times this week...I know it's laced with something cuz I'm able to read the fortune cookies and they aren't written in English.
"help! I'm trapped in a fortune cookie factory!"

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
@Coincrazed, sometimes I'll end up having to do this because something just gets in the way of my allotted smoking time. If it's a cheaper stick fuck it, you won't find me smoking that shit at all, but if its a really nice stick that I don't want to waste I'll take my straight cut and clip off the burnt part until I only see clean tobacco without any charring. Typically if I do that, and purge it when I first relight it, then the off flavors typically aren't terrible or subside within the first third of whats left. But I'll only do that if there is more than half the stick left. If there's nothing there its not worth it. Don't get me wrong I don't aim to do this but like I said, if its something I don't want to waste, I don't mind relighting it a little while later even though it wont be as good as I'd like it to be. Definitely not a day though. If you haven't tried cutting off the burnt part of a stick for later, test it out. Keep cutting until you don't notice any charring anymore and see if it improves the shit in your mouth :wtf::finger:

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I've tried cutting the cigar past any charring...still tastes like shit to me.

Off flavors subside after a third? That's more "off" than I will tolerate. I'd rather pitch half a good cigar and smoke a good tasty one next, rather than suffer through a third or more of an off-tasting stick....but hey, that's me. Life's too short to smoke a shitty cigar.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I've tried cutting the cigar past any charring...still tastes like shit to me.

Off flavors subside after a third? That's more "off" than I will tolerate. I'd rather pitch half a good cigar and smoke a good tasty one next, rather than suffer through a third or more of an off-tasting stick....but hey, that's me. Life's too short to smoke a shitty cigar.
I'll agree with you on this. If on the rare occasion that I do relight, and it does taste terrible, I won't munch on shit and suffer through it - good stick or not. But if it's ok I'll definitely smoke the rest.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
IMO, it's up to the person who owns and is smoking the cigar. If they are satisfied, who am I to complain. Personally I tried it a couple of times using the method burnaz16 described with cigars I wanted to finish and the results were smokeable but not great. But if it works for you, don't let anyone else's opinion stop you.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
IMO, it's up to the person who owns and is smoking the cigar. If they are satisfied, who am I to complain. Personally I tried it a couple of times using the method burnaz16 described with cigars I wanted to finish and the results were smokeable but not great. But if it works for you, don't let anyone else's opinion stop you.
Yea I agree, that's really all I would shoot for if its a really nice stick and I have to let it go out, I just want it to be "smoke-able" again with a semblance of the flavors remaining and without any charred taste.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it is within just a few minutes I will relight but other than that I let it go. Has anyone had any experience with the old cigar savers? You put them in lit and it is airtight. It is supposed to make the cigar still very smokeable and not influence the flavor very much.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Has anyone had any experience with the old cigar savers? You put them in lit and it is airtight. It is supposed to make the cigar still very smokeable and not influence the flavor very much.
We bought one for a friend as a gift. He tried it. Relit cigar still sucked, and he said maybe even worse than one that just sat out.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If it is within just a few minutes I will relight but other than that I let it go. Has anyone had any experience with the old cigar savers? You put them in lit and it is airtight. It is supposed to make the cigar still very smokeable and not influence the flavor very much.
I remember seeing those at fairs and in catalogues in the early 2000's. The whole idea you put the stick in lit doesn't exactly seem to be something you'd want to do if you plan to relight. All that smoke in tube will further affect the tobacco's aroma.......