What's new

Do you ever save a cigar to relight later? + LONG ASS STORY

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember seeing those at fairs and in catalogues in the early 2000's. The whole idea you put the stick in lit doesn't exactly seem to be something you'd want to do if you plan to relight. All that smoke in tube will further affect the tobacco's aroma.......
Sometimes an idea is not necessarily a good one. I remember them in the early 2000’s for sure but never bought one. Just always smoked all the way down and if not there is always another stick!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is within just a few minutes I will relight but other than that I let it go. Has anyone had any experience with the old cigar savers? You put them in lit and it is airtight. It is supposed to make the cigar still very smokeable and not influence the flavor very much.
Well, I don't see how sealing a lit cigar would make it taste any better than letting it go out in atmosphere conditions. For one thing, sitting in an ashtray it will at least air out a little. Not that that helps any.

On the other hand, I can certainly see the appeal from the other perspective - put a cigar in a sealed container and all of the stench is locked on the inside. You can walk around with it in your pocket all day and no one will be the wiser.

Now that it's been mentioned - I was at an event where one guy was doing exactly that - he kept a cigar in the tubo. He'd light it, draw a few smokes, then put it back in, close the lid and go back inside to mingle, then come out again a little later. At the time, it seemed ingenious. I guess if you want to do both inside and smoke-area in one evening, this is one way to go.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Three words to describe a cigar being relit after a long sit:
Dis, gus and ting. ;)
Gotta agree but when you're out in the woods and your Herf A Dor is reading low.....and the next town is 50 miles away you sometimes hunker down and take executive action. Let the cigar put itself out....purge like a Pirate...cut it back 1/2 inch or until you don't see burnt tobacco anymore....pray to the Cigar Gods and put it in a plastic Cigar Saver. On relight you then let the heat of the flame light the cigar....say another prayer and take a big hit of Jack/Drambuie and soldier on.