What's new

Do you have a humidor strictly for aging?

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I just bought a cabinet humidor that I have cigars that I want to age underneath and those I want to smoke up top. But I am opening the lid 2-4 times a day, and I'm wondering if I should just put my cigars for aging in a separate humidor that won't be opened as much. Also I have read that periodically you should let your cigars "breathe" or expose them to fresh air for a short while - any truth to this? Lastly, should I age CC separately from NC or does it not matter?

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
aging NC and CC separately should not matter, but separate your dark maduros from the lighter Connecticut shades. Long term aging is best with consistency but it is important to periodically open the humidor the allow fresh air, or the cigars will start to taste musty over the long term.

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
Oh shit, I forgot the most important part!!!! Congrats on your newest cabinet!!!! That's always fun reorganizing the stash!!! Whats the capacity????

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Just like Tom but without the desktop. Aging stuff on bottom and stuff I plan to smoke on top.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Congrats on your new Humidor.

I have a cabinet as well. I keep all my long term aging cigars on the bottom two shelves. They stay undisturbed and nice and quiet while they are sleepiing for a later date.

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Congrats!
Kind of depends on your definition of aging. With regard to Cubans, if you are talking about 3 or 4 years, then air circulation doesn't matter much; if you are looking to age your cigars 5 years or more, you want to limit their exposure to fresh air. I've recently acquired a wine cooler for aging; I'm trying to keep those cigars closer to 60/60 for the long term (10+ years).

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
caudio51 said:
Not I. Just one big ass cooler and a desktop humidor.
Very similar. Two coolers and a desktop. Smoke from the desktop. One of the coolers is marked, "Don't even think of it."

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
Matthew, just curious, your approach to aging and air circulation is different than mine. Do you have boxes or singles that you have aging? have they been in your possession for three years or more? do you think the manufacturers that sell aged habano's have them sealed up tight or in a walk in humidor/cab that has air circulation? Again just asking to learn something new!!

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
I have a eli blue with nothing but the rare sticks, cuban and non cuban. That I open only to check humidity or to pick out on special occassions. I have a large Diamond crown for my mixed everyday selection of premium sticks. Then I have a 50 count that has nothing but Opusx. Then I have a Cheapo humidor for yard work or for the idiot poser smokers! Then My boxes are stored at my tobac shop in a locker.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Since I've only been smoking for about a year, I find all the differing opinions interesting...I'm still thinking about the whole thing. I have some smokes I've had for almost a year - for me, that's aged!

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Jagstownville said:
Yes, I have a huge Aristocrap! It is awesome. Here is a pick of it too. My bigass Humi

I just got done adding lights to it. Now it is soooo sweet. Wait.... Oh yeah. it's really Shiba's!!!! He rents out space for me to use. LOL
I want that one please. Send it to me. Thanks in advance!

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
Jags! Thats ok. I have the wifes aproval to order the aristocrat+ temp controled this summer!!! So you can sind mine to some one else!! Thanks anyway!!! NICE FREAKIN CABINET!!!!!!!!

Puff13

Stogie Buster
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I use my fridge-a-dor for everything ,i dont really get to age anything long term ,because i end up smoking what i get

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
ohpus said:
Oh shit, I forgot the most important part!!!! Congrats on your newest cabinet!!!! That's always fun reorganizing the stash!!! Whats the capacity????
It is supposed to be 1000 cigars, but I would have to say it is more like 800.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Coolerdor for just boxes that are sleeping zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleep:
Vicksburg for singles and short term storage.

Good luck with the new cabinet!