What's new

Do you have a humidor strictly for aging?

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Just pulled the trigger on a ~20 C.F. cooled Heartfelt Cab specifically for aging.
Right now, I'm in 150 qt. coolers and have a retired 1,000 stick end table humi.

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
ohpus said:
Matthew, just curious, your approach to aging and air circulation is different than mine. Do you have boxes or singles that you have aging? have they been in your possession for three years or more? do you think the manufacturers that sell aged habano's have them sealed up tight or in a walk in humidor/cab that has air circulation? Again just asking to learn something new!!
Sorry, I'm slow to get back on the board...
I primarily age boxes, although I have some special singles that I repackage back into cedar boxes to avoid air circulation (and to keep them out of sight so I don't smoke them on a whim). Much of what I'm aging has been in my possession for a while, but some boxes are more newly acquired "mature" product ('97-'02). As to how they were stored prior to them falling into my grubby little hands, I don't know for sure, but in many cases they've been stored in their master case cubes which is fairly impervious to open air circulation. I think most retailers with aged cigars are not selling product which has simply been sitting around a retail humidor.

I have a lot of cigars which I plan to smoke soon; I store those boxes and singles however they fit best in my cabinet with no regard to aging. I will say this, if you want to buy a box for long term aging, I firmly believe that they benefit from being stored in a cedar cab over a dress box. When I buy BBFs, I spend a few extra bucks for the cabs.