What's new

Do you remove the band?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The Master said:
I normally leave them on until I get close to it and then pull it off. I have ruined to many cigars trying to get the band off before it has warmed up.
Yep, my take too.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
As others mentioned, smoke them down to the band and take it off. The only reason I like bands is so that when I put cigars in my humi, I can identify them. Other than that I could care less about them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take them off, mostly so I don't forget to.

As for what some people do with the bands afterwards... It probably seems stupid, but I scrapbook the bands like some bored housewife... mostly because I like to keep track of what I liked and what I'll never, EVER smoke again. I have a little pocket notebook I write impressions and ratings in and glue the band in with it.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I remove the band when the cigar gets around 1/2 inch away from it.

I then remove the band and put it in my band container.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
ClockworkDragonfly said:
I take them off, mostly so I don't forget to.

As for what some people do with the bands afterwards... It probably seems stupid, but I scrapbook the bands like some bored housewife... mostly because I like to keep track of what I liked and what I'll never, EVER smoke again. I have a little pocket notebook I write impressions and ratings in and glue the band in with it.
Glad to have you here man :thumbsup Post an intro. thread in the Introduction room and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Always removed prior to lighting up. First - I do not want my Jagger lips sucking on the band, just want that taste of pure tobac. Secondly - woman don't care about the bands, they are looking for lenght and girth.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Poni said:
Sometimes i hold it by the band.

So you don't stain your fancy white gloves...yes? I haven't worn my gentleman gloves since the New Millenium. I don't know what happened, I think they just went out of style and I can't help but find myself a follower. Memories.

My fondest memory of my gloves was in my attendance of the 1997 Monster Ball with Mr. Jackson. I wore my white gloves but that Michael, he was always one up on me with his custom single sparking silver smoking glove. We were fancied up and ready to go meet some serious ladies. As a cotume ball we had to dress up, and as such I used every drop of creativity I could. To help the two of us come up with some witty costumes we invited our good friend over, Jack Daniels.

After about 15 minutes of quality time between the three of us the juices were flowing at approximately the same speed as the Gin and Juice. I would make the most satisfying costume on the face of this planet. A costume that would give me complete confidence.

All three of us walk through those doors with our chests out and confidence mounted. Just as I thought the ladies flocked and only the most beautiful of ladies surrounded us and they all asked, "What are you?" To which I respond, proudly, "I am drunk. My friend here is Cousin IT." All it took was a comb to the hair and not one inch was without hair. That boy had more hair than my sister. I think it was a boy...let's just call him/her IT.

The ladies loved our costumes and chauffered us to ours seats in the smoking lounge. As we sat down to relax in comfort we strapped ourselves into our gloves as our drinks were being fetched. I pulled out my Partagas Black and inquired as to what my good friend Jackson had carried with him this lovely evening. It was a Hershey's Chocolate Cigar....I've heard those were a fine blend of cocoa leaves with a rich sugary wrapper pressed from the cocoa leaf. I pull out my torch and light my Black while Michael does the same.

It is interesting how Jack and I do not remember the rest of the night but the pictures don't lie. The dilemma here is that the pictures are a collection of a Jackson 5 cd, an uneaten Hershey Chocolate Bar, a bitten cigar, an empty bottle of Jack Daniels, and a W Deck of playing cards that you can purchase from http://www.dutchguard.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=wdecka&ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=wdeck&ovcrn=bush_playing_cards&ovtac=PPC .

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Partagas black labels are nice and big, plenty of room for fingers.

oh and crack kills!

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Keep it on to the end and take it off if it's one of the best cigars I've ever smoked. If it's not, I leave it on in the ashtray.