What's new

Do you smoke in your house?

Do you smoke in your home / living space?

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Yes and no. I smoke inside my man cave, which is technically inside of my house, but since it's basically its own environment I don't actually consider it "smoking in the house." If that makes any sense at all.

I doubt I could even build a man cave with enough barriers and air filtration to ever smoke inside.
Why? It's actually fairly easy to accomplish and many have done it.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My neighbor and I built a smoking room on his house. Had all the perks, heat, AC, 40" LED TV, Stereo system, two glass walls to view his backyard and pond, leather chairs and ventilation system. It was the bomb. Then he had to go and die on me last year so I no longer have an indoor area other than the B&M.

I will eventually duplicate it in a house of my own, but until then I have my garage, the B&M and fall/spring I use the propane heater and sit outside.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Once I get a place with the GF she "claims" I can herf inside, so I suppose my answer will be maybe?
Get that is writing if I were you...lol.

I smoke out on my balcony at night but didn't care for how it smelled next day. Now I make sure all window and doors are closed and balcony is sealed off before lighting up.

hawaiian

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I have a man cave... but I don't smoke in it. I have considered it, but I'm not convinced I could avoid the stale smoke smell, even with open windows, fans, and purifiers. If I had first-hand experience with successful non-smoke-smelling rooms, I might start.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Have always had the luxury of smoking in my house. My wife likes the smell and as long as I empty the ash trays when finished, there is no remnant of smell. I have hard wood floors, leather couch and chair so not much for the smoke the "grab" onto. The post cigar odor that is present often are the butts and ashes in the tray. If I leave them overnight, thats what smells. In conjunction, I use an Oreck air filter and again, there are no real remnants of smell. G1

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a good cigar smells nice, but it smells none-the-less.

I smoke indoors on occasion when a window fan in sucking it all out. I do this on the colder months. Its really the only way I can smoke mid Nov-March. It also helps that the fiancée works mornings ever other weekend. She knows I do it, and prefers me to not tell her and just cover it up. She said something once like, "I feel like I should care, but I don't really. Just don't let me know about it." I still let her know and tease her about it from time to time.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Smoked one in the house near an open window last night. Busted, the second my wife got home she knew I had been a bad boy despite it being hours later.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smoked one in the house near an open window last night. Busted, the second my wife got home she knew I had been a bad boy despite it being hours later.
Heh. As someone that gets away with this... The window fan is a must, and you need to open another window to cross vent. It still takes at least a hour after for the smell to clear. It could take almost 3 if it is one that really smells.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a man cave with full wet bar. Then her parents gifted her a treadmill, and there was no place else to put it. Then she decided to put a plant in top of the bar. I at least have a small victory there. She recently agreed to remove that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a man cave in the basement which is finished. Added video game, tv, wine fridge and installed bathroom exhaust fan venting outside and automatic fragrence spritzer which shoots every 38 min. If I smoke, the next day nothing is left behind. I smoke every couple days down there and once and a while upstairs. doesn't stay upstairs very long because I smoke seldom up there.:ccowboy:

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Like most brothers I have a supportive wife but not THAT supportive, and 2 precious girls aged 2 years and 5 months. Plus my garage and my stored car for the winter season within are my "own" little slice of sanity. All season when the girls are asleep I make my way into the garage and enjoy a smoke with my car.