What's new

Do you smoke infused or flavored cigars?

Do you smoke infused or flavored cigars?

• Yes, regularly.

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Yes, occasionally.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • No, never had one.

Votes: 36 22.2%
  • No, I have had one in the past but will never again.

Votes: 73 45.1%

• Total voters

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I used to smoke them more regularly, now just a rarity. But there are some decent ones ... CI Legends Copper, Java, and Tabak Especial (all Drew Estates) are ones I've liked.

I do keep some on hand, because I've found that non-regular cigar smokers often really like them because they're so flavorful.

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
The DE Java is one of my favorites. A great after dinner cigar. But I can't remember the last time I had one. I'm just not a flavor infused cigar guy, though I'm not opposed to them.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I used to smoke them more regularly, now just a rarity. But there are some decent ones ... CI Legends Copper, Java, and Tabak Especial (all Drew Estates) are ones I've liked.

I do keep some on hand, because I've found that non-regular cigar smokers often really like them because they're so flavorful.
I also keep some on hand.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I have a buddy that really likes ACIDS... if he picks the cigar for us, it is always an ACID. I generally supply the cigars we smoke, but I think he doesn't always want to be on the receiving end.

They're not so bad as to decline his offer and make an issue out of it... I just don't want them in my humi. So if he brings one to smoke, I oblige. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Some people are totally against them, but not me. As a noob cigar smoker, and I like them now and again because its easier for me to taste flavors rather than just smoke.
As your palate evolves you will be able to taste PLENTY when smoking non-infused premium cigars. For now if you enjoy the infused sticks, go ahead and smoke them. The best cigar in the world is... the one you like best.

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Smoked one Acid (Kuba I believe) and it tasted like ass, and I put it out within minutes. I know women like them.......and I think potheads use the wrappers for blunts, which is exactly who they're targeted for!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
and I think potheads use the wrappers for blunts, which is exactly who they're targeted for!
When Black&Milds are sold at a gas station for 50 cents each, why would potheads spend $4 - $13 for an Acid?

Seriously, if you think thats the "target audience" for Acid Cigars....:headroll:

Simple rule - Like what you smoke; Smoke what you like.

.....and try not to pass judgment on other peoples cigar choices based on a ridiculous assumption! :hammersma

There's a Master Chief at our firepit who LOVES his Acids. I can guarantee he ain't the "target audience" for blunts... :rofl:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Never had one. I've always gotten enough flavor (that I enjoyed) from standard smokes that I've never had an interest in one that's flavored. Kind of how my wife feels about flavored teas I guess.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I got started on infused cigars (acid cold tea infusion). After about 3-4 months of smoking 'real' cigars, I tried another one and almost puked after 2 puffs. That was over 2 years ago.... Haven't looked back

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
At our shop we sell a ton of Acids. The people who get them mostly are newer cigar smokers and I see a lot of military guys buying them too, females usually go for the CAO Flavors. As keinreis said in chat one time they are a "gateway" cigar for a lot of newer smokers. People like the fact that they have a "flavored" type of thing going on and I see many of the same guys who bought them moving on to non-infused stuff.

Flyer75

Flyer Faithful
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do like the DE Java, but that's about it. I tried the Havana Honeys and it was like eating candy, hardly a cigar.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0

The DE Java is one of my favorites. A great after dinner cigar. But I can't remember the last time I had one. I'm just not a flavor infused cigar guy, though I'm not opposed to them.
As your palate evolves you will be able to taste PLENTY when smoking non-infused premium cigars. For now if you enjoy the infused sticks, go ahead and smoke them. The best cigar in the world is... the one you like best.
At our shop we sell a ton of Acids. The people who get them mostly are newer cigar smokers and I see a lot of military guys buying them too, females usually go for the CAO Flavors. As keinreis said in chat one time they are a "gateway" cigar for a lot of newer smokers. People like the fact that they have a "flavored" type of thing going on and I see many of the same guys who bought them moving on to non-infused stuff.
All of these!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Bought a 5er of Acid's when I was still trying to figure out what I like... not my thing.... but was surprised at how much smoke they put out.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Wasn't sure what to answer on this one. I've had some... Not a big fan of them, anymore, but I'm not vehemently opposed to ever trying one, again. I mean, I don't like really fruity flavors, or anything, but some of the coffee-infused ones sound interesting.

Smoked one Acid (Kuba I believe) and it tasted like ass, and I put it out within minutes. I know women like them.......and I think potheads use the wrappers for blunts, which is exactly who they're targeted for!
Really? :scratchhe I'm not so sure Jonathan Drew set up his market plan to include potheads, but I could be wrong. And this kind of feeds into the idea that some of the FDA bans are all about. They say that any flavored cigars should be banned, because they can lead to "kids" rolling blunts. And I'm not pointing this comment out to start anything, I just think it's a good discussion point that was just slipping by.