What's new

Do you taste grass in Cohiba?

How often do you find a "grassy" flavor in your Cohibas?

• Always. Grass is a signature Cohiba flavor to me.

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Most of the time. It's rare I don't taste grass.

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Some of the time.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • Rarely.

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Never. What the hell are these people talking about with "grassy"?

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Opposite for me...I get grassy or hay when they are fresh, and it fades with age.
I guess this shows how tastes differ. I have some 09 CoRo that dont have it full blown yet, but the 06 CoRo sure does have the grassy notes. :thumbsup:

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i will be the official judge. send me different years of the nasty things and i will tell you which ones have the offending flavor!!!!:innocent:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I guess this shows how tastes differ. I have some 09 CoRo that dont have it full blown yet, but the 06 CoRo sure does have the grassy notes. :thumbsup:
Erick, funny thing is my '08 CoRos never had the grassy notes to begin with, nor have a bunch of '09 Lanceros I have smoked.....but I am hoping this is an improvement in the line, and that they will not develop that grass profile in time. But you are absolutely right about different paletes, it's all subjective.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So I guess the Cohibas I just got should rest for awhile before sparking it up...
Sample one now and see if you detect any grass flavors. I have tried Cohibas across the board in terms of blend and age and I have never tasted anything resembling grass

I have never tasted actual grass either. However, smell and taste are linked and I think I have an idea of what it might taste like.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
just started to work through a box of 06 cohiba lanceros. Distinct grassiness and vanilla bean, with a hint of earthiness.

The thinner the ring gauge, the most pronounced the grassiness profile is what I have found.

Cohiba007

Big Dog
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I don't recall ever tasting grass. Mind you, I have the palate of a Billy goat. All the Cohibas that I smoke now have at least four years of age on the. When I started smoking habanos, I couldn't keep my mitts off them. So I smoked em young. I don't recall grassy flavors though. But again, I am not the best at picking out flavors. I just know what I like.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
You need to add mone more option to your vote, "I smoke Cohiba often and know they taste grass the first years":innocent:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cohiba for me is like a good wine ... the older the better! I did noticed a grassy flavor when having my first and so far the only Exquisito

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
When I smoke newer Cohibas the farmy taste is very dominant. I smoked a 04 I had and while still present if retrohaled frequently, the grassy taste is much more subtle and pleasant.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So a smaller rg for example the lancero will not taste grass when it is young in your opinion?

/ Ben Bockbrännarbolmers
I don't disagree, I read his original post where he listed the vitolas he's tried. It seemed like he hasn't tried more small RGs. The "grass" taste is signature for Cohiba (but I wouldn't call it grass, I think more dried hay mixed with some nuts? It's an understatement to call it grass, I think).

Well, I smoke more Siglo II-IV, and think you'll find it more there. Never had the pleasure of trying a lancero Ben, so wouldn't know. Hope that clarifies,

M

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm confused. Are you guys suggesting I try a thinner ring Cohiba? As I said in the OP, I've tried Lanceros, Coronas Especiales, Siglo Is... both young and old and I have never detected a flavor remotely resembling grass.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
...I have sampled many Cohibas (Esplendidos, Robustos, Behikes, Coronas Especiales, Lanceros, Siglos, Maduro 5's, etc.) and I have never detected any flavor even remotely resembling grass....
I'm confused. Are you guys suggesting I try a thinner ring Cohiba? As I said in the OP, I've tried Lanceros, Coronas Especiales, Siglo Is...
I don't see where you mentioned the specific Siglo series smoked, therefore I derived that you smoked the larger rg akin to the other sticks prefaced. If you've smoked all types, but have trouble finding the grass, I guess Ben is correct in trying an older stick.