What's new

DOCK Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What happened to the thread....are you guys getting like CW,HP and other sites? WOW I was reading it one minute then bam it's gone.....

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
DocK said it best.

This is not the place for this. If my neighbor's dog shit on my other neighbor's porch I wont complain to the guy down the street about the smell.
It is not his problem.

Make sense????.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Just walked in and read the thread in question.

I said this earlier in the current BoM poll that is running: BOTL is not the place to come to in order to openly insult the acts of other boards. Many of the members here are active members of CW also. It is not fair to the members here because we are only hearing 1 side of the story...and ya'll know that there are 3 sides to every story. Your side, their side, and the truth...with any situation.

As many can attest, censorship is at the lowest here in regards to mentioning names of cuban cigars and even vendors that sell them, but BOTL will NOT be used to drive a wedge between this site and any other cigar boards.

David

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dwavs, I truly respect and understand what you are saying. And to an extent, what you said Is how It usually turns out. However, we were focusing on Fuentes experience. IMHO, that account Is pretty much black and white, with no grey Issues.

DocK

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
David, I agree with what you've written... And there are many sides to every story indeed...

Is it really insulting CW to ask them why I didnt receive an email informing me of or explaining why I was dismissed from their site? Just questioning the way they moderate their site should not be insulting, and can be very informative...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mad Dawg said:
How about "What happens elsewhere STAYS elsewhere?"

Airing laundry from another board serves nobody's interest here, IMHO.

Dirty laundry would be conjecture, supposition, and slander. What was discussed In the previous thread was not dirty laundery. Also, I believe It serves everyones interest to be enlightened about some dubious, and less than moral conduct.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is the only question we were trying to answer:

Why was Fuente's comment deleted from the RTR? Shall we discuss and find out the real answer In a civil manner?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Prince, the one problem I see with your above suggestion is that the people who can really answer that question are probably not posting here. Fuente can obviously tell us his side of things, but I'm guessing we wouldn't hear the other side.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jwrussell said:
Prince, the one problem I see with your above suggestion is that the people who can really answer that question are probably not posting here. Fuente can obviously tell us his side of things, but I'm guessing we wouldn't hear the other side.

I see your point. However, I say the Issue Is black and white because, If everyone really thinks about It, there can be no Integrity In the reason It was deleted. If someone has a reason that would not break the Integrity of the RTR, please post It. I might have not thought of It. Thank you.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
The Prince said:
Dirty laundry would be conjecture, supposition, and slander. What was discussed In the previous thread was not dirty laundery. Also, I believe It serves everyones interest to be enlightened about some dubious, and less than moral conduct.

But there is no one here that can help you find closure with how things are done over at CW.

And what was being discussed was not helpful information about a vendor that has had questions raised. It was about the way Cigar Weekly was handleing questions about it.

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Prince said:
Nowhere in my post did I use the term "dirty laundry." I merely said "laundry."

What happens on other sites is irrelevant to what happens here. Or it should be.

That was my sole point.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
DocK said:
Is it really insulting CW to ask them why I didnt receive an email informing me of or explaining why I was dismissed from their site? Just questioning the way they moderate their site should not be insulting, and can be very informative...
You must keep in mind that you were a guest on their site...just as I am. Their house...their rules.

Would an explanation be nice?...sure.
Are they required to give you one as a member on a free site?...absolutely not.

I agree with what John said. The answers to the questions that are being posed will not be answered here because they are not here to answer them. Simple as that.

We could give you our opinions all day long but it's not gonna help the situation and most likely is not going to stay civil. For the record, the thread that was moved had insults being thrown around...case in point.

Status
Not open for further replies.