What's new

Does Anyone Else Here Wet Shave, DE or Straight Razor

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I spent a ton of time on http://badgerandblade.com/ before buying mine. It is a great website. Not as much fun as this place though....
After I found that place I gave up on exploring DE shaving. Seemed too much work and I was wasn't going to have a sink full of products and spend 20 minutes making uber lather to shave.

I got tired of tearing up my face with a Mach 3 and a supposed good cream so I went back to looking into it.

I settled on a can of CF, a good razor and blades. I didn't go nuts and dont plan on it but I'm very happy with my setup and get excellent shaves. I'm not making it a hobby, I just want a good shave.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I've been wanting to get a safety razor for some time now, but I have to shave my head... Anyone use one of these for that? My guess is that it's a little risky...

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So after a few goes with the Parker silvertip I'm not a fan.

Its definitely a nice brush and more high end than my cheap brush but in my application it was a let down.

Ive only used one cream, CF lime, so my review is based on that.

I needed more product to produce as much lather. I'm guessing its because it holds way more water. If I were face lathering, using soap or using a larger bowl with more product I'm sure it would preform better.
With my cheap brush I can use very little product and get 3 passes with some left over. I can't see what $50 more bought me. I'm still new to this so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Could be the water in the brush; CF is legendary for their lather. Personally I like the cheapest brush I can get that doesn't shed.
I think I might be in the same camp. With my cheap brush I get great lather with a tiny amount if cream. I don't like face lathering and love CF so I'm sticking to my cheap brush. I don't see the point in using more cream than needed.

Austinoir

The luckiest guy in Shawshank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great informational thread with a lot of practical and real world experiences.
Would love to restart this thread.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
God I love to shave now a days! got me a safety razor and the fixings from my dad about 3 years ago....I never liked to shave until then....now I find it a time to relax and if my boys are around I get some quality time with them as we shave together!....

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMG_20180831_232558.jpg IMG_20180831_232757.jpg What a great thread to stumble into! I've got more DEs than I can count, but I just sharpened up my straight so I've been favoring that lately.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Time to revive the thread here...

Now this wasn’t by choice to shave thanks to the corona virus and more so for my safety at work where I’m required to wear a mask. I’ve been rocking a beard for few years, having to shave it off to a ‘stache for a change of pace every so often. Kelvin @K Williams decided to kick me off the cliff, head first into wet shaving, annihilating my front yard where my mailbox once stood.

We text back and forth and he guided me to some youtube videos of others and their wet shave process. Seeing my wife’s face when she asks what I’m watching on youtube, priceless. Honestly, after some googling and watching youtube videos I’ll never go back to the big box store overpriced garbage crap they sell. I can’t believe I did that for so long. Then again, I mostly sported a beard and nice to know when (and if) I do get the beard going again I can still do a little bit of wet shaving.

Here’s what Kel sent me to start!