What's new

Does anyone run into issues from smoking 3 cigars a day everyday?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I smoked about 3 daily for a while. I lost some of the enjoyment in it after a while. Flavors diminished and my favorites became just another cigar.

Several have said it - smoke less and enjoy more. For those with zero issue...it must be nice!

What I found to be the best deal slowing down. I bought a ton of smokes, we’ll to me a ton, and now have a wonderful supply of good smokes on hand. Some have aged better than others. My buying habits have changed as well. I tend to buy boxes I want rather than overloading on fivers.

Best to discover how you get the most enjoyment out of a relaxing smoke and run with it.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I opt for quality over quantity. I keep around some cheaper sticks for sharing with people that are going to take a couple puffs and let it die, but typically I go for just good sticks rather then lots of sticks. If i get to where im smoking daily, i'll usually(like now) take a 2-3 week break to reset myself.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a break from smoking, especially retrohaling. Some people it seems are more hardy than others in this area, and others have just forgotten what it's like to have sharp senses, but cigar smoke is damaging to the olfactory nerves, especially via retrohaled smoke from a strong maduro. Sometimes you will knock out your sense of smell and taste entirely for a week or so if you over-do it. It's like a toxic burn.

The good news is that smell receptors regenerate, and quite quickly. If you haven't done too much damage they regenerate daily(this is one of the reasons why cigars taste great one day, and not the next). The olfactory responds better to flavor perception via vapors rather than smoke, which is why a well lubricated mouth yields better taste perception when eating. If you're someone who relies heavily on retrohaling to get your flavor complexity from a cigar then you might be dehydrated. It might not be the case with everyone, but, try drinking 1.5 liters of water, so that you feel good and hydrated, then have a cigar. If you have a well lubricated oral system your saliva will help keep the olfactory moist and help deliver flavors to the smell receptors along side the smoke. You can get all those great flavors without a retrohale that way.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually limit myself to 1/day mostly as my evening relaxation time. However on the weekends or camping it may go up to 5/day. But I’m also a pack a day smoker so I already get enough nicotine. Plus 3+ per day would get night draining on the wallet.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I smoke 3 a day. I cycle about 150 miles per week and don't notice any breathing issues. Smoking cigars isn't health food, but you gotta live your life while balancing health and pleasure.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being new to this forum I find this thread interesting. Like some, I smoke several sticks per day but mine are mostly shorter in size and no CC either mostly Dominican stuff, and I almost never retro-hale. I should quit awhile perhaps as my taste buds have diminished for sure. Just last week, I ordered some totally different smokes looking for a new to me tasting experience. Cigars are so personal it seems and for me, it's very hard to change away from Arturo Fuente and Ashtons.

Ranch Hand

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Either taking a break or trying something completely new will help reset your palate. I used to smoke exclusively Maduro and full bodied cigars. I have found that there is a good place in the rotation for Connies and lite bodied cigars. KInd of like falling into any routine, after a while you just have to switch it up occasionally to refresh your palate. What do you drink with your smokes, that will have a lot to do with bringing out new flavors and a different appreciation of your cigars.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The only time i would smoke 3 is on the golf course. Maybe once a week. Other than than, one a day, or one every other day. To me it’s like smoking davidoff or opus daily. I could do it but it would just be another cigar. If i smoke 3 a day everyday, It’s going to lose its luster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I went up to 4-5 smokes a day after I posted this thread. Eventually my palette really got burned out. Since then I've cut back to 1-3 and I don't have that issue so much today. I think the best approach is to smoke less, which was mentioned several times in this thread.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It helps me to find the flavors by rotating what I'm smoking. Meaning not the same cigar every time...

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It helps me to find the flavors by rotating what I'm smoking. Meaning not the same cigar every time...
I rarely have the same brand in a week, never the same cigar. I also smoke my lighter flavorful cigars in the AM and stronger, heavier ones in the evening. I can taste them better in the morning as a 1st smoke

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I typically a 1 stick per day smoker. In the evenings after work I'll usually burn one with a good beer or whiskey, sometimes soda. I sometimes will have 2nd if it's the weekend and I'm just lounging around. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had 3 in one day. I haven't really noticed any issues, other than some morning phlegm and some staining of my teeth that my oral hygienist likes to give me a hard time about when I go to the dentist.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine what smoking 3-5 every day does to your pallette! I average one stick every three days and even I'm getting to the point where I don't enjoy cigars as much as I used to when I first started.

I think each smoke should be an occasion, a celebration of the fact that you managed to carve out an hour of peace and quiet from your daily hustle and bustle. It should not just be a nicotine fix or something you do out of habit.Savor the moment. Enjoy it fully.

The same logic applies to most other things. When I drink my favorite coffee every day, it no longer tastes all that special to me. If I drink two of my favorite Bourbon every day, it no longer excites me. If I floor it in my car every time I drive it, I get used to the power and the car no longer feels fast. The list of examples goes on and on.