What's new

Does Krispy Kreme Donut still exist?

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I know they tried coming to Canada a few years ago and Tim Hortons beat them like a red headed step child. Reason I ask is the big news today was Tim Hortons is opening a dozen new stores in NYC. Wondered if Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Doughnuts were falling apart and Timmies eyed an opening. Here owning a Tim Hortons is like a license to print money. You open it up and watch the people line up.:dunno:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In the south I've seen the shops where the make the donots and sell them. It seemed here in NJ they were making them offsite and shipping to their locations. I don't know if they are even still available. Dunkin Donuts does well I guess, but around here the bagel shops are the real winners.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Financial problems in 2006 led to many franchises closing down.

Here in Phoenix you can still find them around... and I know for certain that overseas they are HUUUGE!

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Krispy Kreme did an over aggresive expansion and kinda wound up out of money. They are still around, but they do not have the shine they used to.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
They are still doing a brisk business here in NC, of course they started and are based in Winston-Salem, NC!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The closest one to us is about 200 miles but folks go down and get a trailer full to sell on the street corner. Fundraising for charity.

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hmmmm, interesting. My bro says that Timmy's is like a combination of Krispy Kream and Starbucks (by starbucks he means the hot chocolate, you gotta admit that the hot chocolate there is great).

But that's not the point.

Down in Mexico we still have... from what i've noticed.

Last edited: