What's new

Does The Coffee MAKER Really Make A Difference?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The coffee MAKER definitely makes a difference. When it's weak because I put in too much water or too little coffee, I'm the only one to blame. :)

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Temperatrure and pressure capabilities.

Adam is right on with his plagarised commentary too.

As for me, i notice a big difference when i put too many or too little grounds in. what up wit dat?!?! :crosseyed
Hey hey hey I referenced!

OOh and I thought the budget drip coffee makers used a small pump of sorts to send the water up so it can drip through the grinds. Sure heat has something to do with it but it can't just be all boiling water. Of course I'm probably wrong but I know my coffee is hotter when I use a tea kettle and it's done brewing than if I just use room temp water.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I cast my vote for pressed. Once you figure out how you like it, as in how much grind, how fine of grind, and how long to brew for your own taste, your done. Chunk the drip type machine man...You don't need it!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Wade I have a Cuisinart® Grind & Brew Coffeemaker

Now I don't know what the water temp is but I do use a gold screen filter. Point is, when I wake up in the AM, I want my coffee, newspaper, and a cigar and I want it now. The method I use is simple and convenient but it incorporates the main ingredient of good coffee. Freshly ground beans!

You fill her up with beans and set the timer. It grinds the beans and brews the coffee. This puppy is sweet. Sometimes I will roast the beans before I fill her up but the smell of freshly ground beans and coffee brewing in the morning is delicious!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I saw this thread earlier but didn't have time to respond. It's all been said. Most home machines don't get the water hot enough. The ones that do, aside from the Presto Scandinavian, are pricey. French press gives you control over that. The next things are the quality of the coffee, the quality of the water and the time the water is in contact with the ground coffee. Grind will have some effect on that.
I had coffee at a friends house last night that was brewed in their Grind & Brew (Black Dog Coffee naturally!) and it was very good. Since I was a guest I thought it best not to monitor the water temp :rofl:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Wade I have a Cuisinart® Grind & Brew Coffeemaker

Now I don't know what the water temp is but I do use a gold screen filter. Point is, when I wake up in the AM, I want my coffee, newspaper, and a cigar and I want it now. The method I use is simple and convenient but it incorporates the main ingredient of good coffee. Freshly ground beans!

You fill her up with beans and set the timer. It grinds the beans and brews the coffee. This puppy is sweet. Sometimes I will roast the beans before I fill her up but the smell of freshly ground beans and coffee brewing in the morning is delicious!
I am sorry. I owned one of these. I hate it with a passion. It does a crappy job grinding the beans. The steam glues the grind to the mechanism so it has to be cleaned every time. Ground beans go all over the place. I gave it away at a yeard sales after 30 days.

Good burr grinder with a Capressio. Excellent. If you can get a machine like Sachas, heavenly.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'm surprised nobody had mentioned the AeroPress http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress.htm similair to a french press but IMHO it does a better job.

I control water temp, amount, roast and grind of the beans and it makes great coffee everyday. I have brewed over 500 cups with the AeroPress and it can't be beat.

I have never had a good drip coffee maker and highly doubt one exists (in my price range anyway).

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am sorry. I owned one of these. I hate it with a passion. It does a crappy job grinding the beans. The steam glues the grind to the mechanism so it has to be cleaned every time. Ground beans go all over the place. I gave it away at a yeard sales after 30 days.

Good burr grinder with a Capressio. Excellent. If you can get a machine like Sachas, heavenly.
I've had mine for 5+ years and never had that problem.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last month my wife on her birthday asked for a Cuban Coffee Maker. Till then i also thought that coffee maker has nothing to do with the taste but after i tasted its coffee I've changed my perception. The coffee made in it is very delicious. I just love the crema like foam that floats on the top of the brew.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm very intrigued by this, might have to buy one!

I'm surprised nobody had mentioned the AeroPress http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress.htm similair to a french press but IMHO it does a better job.

I control water temp, amount, roast and grind of the beans and it makes great coffee everyday. I have brewed over 500 cups with the AeroPress and it can't be beat.

I have never had a good drip coffee maker and highly doubt one exists (in my price range anyway).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also think that coffee maker makes a difference. Coffee made y coffee maker have a different and good taste which refreshes the body completely.

discounted cigars