What's new

"Dog" Chapman Arrested, Faces Extradition

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Shawn, you can't possibly equate breaking a no-bountyhunter law with a rapist? I realize we need to respect other country's laws but think about who we're talking about. Mexico has no civilized legal system and certainly no regard for our laws! True, Dog should have known before going in there but geez, this needs to be an exception to the law. Any time you put a rapist behind bars it should be a good thing, not a bad thing. This is one of those times when I disagree completely with that law. Especially since they don't give a rat's butt about ours.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Dog got a rich ass rapist off the streets. He thought he could hide behind that money but he couldn't. Good for Dog. The Mexican gov't should be thankful. More than likely he'll throw some money their way to get off.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mexico is very sensitive about their sovereignty. "Dog" is screwed.

His only hope is well placed "gifts" and US diplomatic efforts. The State Department isn't any more efficient than any other agency so I wouldn't place my hopes on that.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Dog is indeed screwed. And guys I understand your points. But Dog either didnt research (which shame on him) or knew he was breaking Mexican law. He took a calculated risk and got burnt in a bad way. I'm very glad that he got the freak.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
You know what? F*CK Mexican law. You want to talk to me about Mexican law you talk to me about them rounding up their millions of illegals in our F*CKING country. Until that happens, until they take their share of the burden in correcting that situation F*CK THEM.

This is total Horsesh*t and our government should be F*CKING ashamed! If they don't want a US bounty hunter in their country they can DAMN well start cooperating with our police agencies when we ask them to.

Somebody in our Diplomatic corps screwed up ROYALLY on this. This is not a reason you choose to extradite a US Citizen(s) to a foreign country.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I have to agree with Shawn on this one. The rules and laws need to apply to everyone and shouldn't be subjective. I'm pretty sure that "Dog" knew the law and probably decided that returning the shitbag to the states would be worth the charge of bounty hunting in Mexico.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Mexico is very serious about us obeying their laws when we are "in country". I make it a point not to step out of line when there.

He broke their laws, he will be punished along their lines and he should be. The fact that he was there getting someone who was wanted here for rape has no bearing on the subject. If that guy was a murderer or worse, Dog still broke their laws in their country. We put more emphasis on the rape from our country, they will put more emphasis on the fact that "someone from The States came in and did what he damn well pleased and ignored our laws"

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
"someone from The States came in and did what he damn well pleased and ignored our laws"

Well shoot....we better get busy with the deportations then...if they want to play quid pro quo and all.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Mexico is very serious about us obeying their laws when we are "in country". I make it a point not to step out of line when there.

He broke their laws, he will be punished along their lines and he should be. The fact that he was there getting someone who was wanted here for rape has no bearing on the subject. If that guy was a murderer or worse, Dog still broke their laws in their country. We put more emphasis on the rape from our country, they will put more emphasis on the fact that "someone from The States came in and did what he damn well pleased and ignored our laws"
Hypothetical question....."what if the guy he brought back raped and killed your daughter or wife?"

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Somebody in our Diplomatic corps screwed up ROYALLY on this. This is not a reason you choose to extradite a US Citizen(s) to a foreign country.

If that is the case, why should we expect a foreign government to extradite one of their citizens who commits a crime in the US (or elsewhere but still under US jurisdiction), and then returns home to their country?

If the tables were turned, and a mexican national came into the US to catpure and bring back a mexican rapist who was here for whatever reason, would we be upset? Questions about the efficiency etc. of the US vs. mexican law enforcement/judicial process aside, the answer would be a resounding YES!!

Whether or not a foreign government cooperates with US law enforcement in attempts to aprehend a US national outside of the US does not entitle anyone (especially one who proports to uphold the law) to take matters into their own hands.

In short, no one is above the law, in this country or elsewhere. Certainly not those who are supposed to be enforcing the law.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
as I'm pretty excorsised about this topic, let me give the following disclaimer: though it may not sound it, please add "Respectfully," in front of my responses.
If the tables were turned, and a mexican national came into the US to catpure and bring back a mexican rapist who was here for whatever reason, would we be upset?
NO. More power to them. Probably here illegally anyway. In fact, while they are here, they can round up a few 1000 more if they've got the time.

Questions about the efficiency etc. of the US vs. mexican law enforcement/judicial process aside, the answer would be a resounding YES!!
Wrong, see above.

Whether or not a foreign government cooperates with US law enforcement in attempts to aprehend a US national outside of the US does not entitle anyone (especially one who proports to uphold the law) to take matters into their own hands.
Bullshit.

No one is above the law. But if you as a country refuse to help us track down those breaking our law, and make your country a de facto "safe base", you give up any Bullsh*t entitlement you get to enforcing your laws on someone from our country doing the job you should have done in the first F*cking place.