What's new

"Dog" Chapman Arrested, Faces Extradition

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The biggest issue IMO is the noteriety and the "Shame" it brought to the Mexican government. Mexico routinely ignores our requests for extradition, so why is it that we recognize their request? The law is the law. There is no argument from me on that issue at all. However, if the Mexican govt. had recognized and honored the extradition request of the rapist, then the subsequent "shame" would have never occurred. They want their cake and to eat it too. I say screw 'em.

not likely though

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Wow is this a tough one for me. When I step back and try to think through this logically I still come up with the same conclusion. I agree with everything you guys are saying about Mexican Government. But, I think many here are confusing emotion, current thoughts about US policy on illegals etc with the facts. Dog went into a country and broke their laws. He was either ignorant or broke them intentionally. If he was unwilling to face their laws then he shouldn't have broken their laws plain and simple. Do I agree with the mexican system of law...no. Do I agree with our current immigration policy...no. With that said, it doesn't change the facts guys. Whether it was my wife or daughter it was still a chance that Dog was taking. He most likely knew that risk. We can salute him for it. But, in the end he will have to pay for crimes committed.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'm sorry, but our response to the Mexican Gov should have been, "sorry, we have noooooooooooooooo idea where they are. Just can't seem to find them."

"But Senor, they have a reality TV show, certainly they can't be that hard to find?"

"Yeah...strange how that works isn't it? Adios."

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
it was a stupid case in the first place. All the help we have given Mexico and they say we can't grab our own criminals? F that noise

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Well, the FBI can't nab criminals in other countries. They can only ask to local authorities for help. Just as an example...