What's new

Don Pepin Garcia Reference Guide

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0

In Cuba, La Reloba is a well known “peso” cigar, which is what the locals smoke. Peso cigars are more or less like bundled cigars: they are economical unbanded cigars sold in mazos, and they cost around one Cuban peso each. Hence, peso cigar. Cigars for export are generally too expensive for the average Cuban citizen. Come to think of it, Cuban cigars are too expensive for the average American these days as well, which is perhaps what gave My Father Cigars the inspiration to release this economical blend.

The two versions are a Habano and a Sumatra wrapper.
Four sizes are available:

Corona 5 5/8 x 46
Robusto 5 x 50
Toro 6 1/4 x 52
Torpedo 6 1/8 x 52

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0

Jaime's brainchild, which has received glowing reviews. 3/4 Full bodied cigar. Featuring a Broadleaf wrapper, each of the 5 vitolas has a full bodied blend of Nicaraguan filler and binder.

Packaged in beautiful cedar boxes of 20 cigars. Each cigar is wrapped celo inside of the box

The five vitollas are as follows:

Petit Robusto 4 1/2 x 50
Robusto 5 1/4 x 52
Belicoso 5 1/2 x 52
Toro 6 x 54
Toro Gordo 6 x 60

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0

Tabacos Baez. Introduced in 2008. Medium bodied cigar. Featuring a Connecticut wrapper, available in 2 sizes. Packaged in beautiful hinged cedar boxes of 20 cigars. Each cigar is wrapped celo inside of the box.

A little note, this brand was owned by Pete Johnson, but was gifted to DOn Pepin to create a new cigar line. Once an original cuban line, the blend is typical of Don Pepin's mastery, but with a little tweak. These cigars are those rolled by students or factory seconds, but at a lower price of the main line cigars. There appear to be three sizes available at the moment:

•Monarcas (toro) – 6.5 x 52
•Favoritas (belicoso) – 5.5 x 52
•Robusto – 5 x 50

Tobaccos Baez SF

Tabacos Baez S.F. Introduced in 2009.

Medium bodied cigar. Featuring a Nicaraguan Habano wrapper and mixed long and short filler, available in 3 sizes.

Packaged in boxes of 20 cigars. Each cigar is wrapped celo inside of the box

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Great post. i did not realize that the La Aroma de Cuba line was such a new line. I am curious, some of my favorite cigars are the Mi Amor, My Fathers and Flor de Lola's Antillas. I have not had any of the earlier Pepin cigars. Is their more similarities between the newer lines and the older ones or more differences.?