What's new

Double Happiness Cigar line- Thougths/Reviews etc

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

ON the bid and won...

Double Happiness Two-Headed Monster Sampler one of each of these
1 - 5 Vegas Triple-A Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48)
1 - Diesel Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48)
1 - Double Happiness Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48)
1 - Graycliff G2 Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48)
1 - Graycliff Turbo Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48)
1 - Gurkha Blue Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48)
1 - Gurkha Red Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48)
1 - Man O’ War Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48)
1 - Man O’ War Ruination Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48)
1 - Padilla Achilles Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48)

I do like 5 out of the 10 blends and maybe the other 5 are good too but haven't had them. I think they are all AJ Fernandez stuff which IMHO is generallly a good thing.

-Ever had these??
-how is the draw??
-can you really cut them in half and smoke 2 sticks?
-are these a great value or just a waste of time and $$?
-any other thoughts

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They look cool as heck, I got this off a description if the sampler.

Each is a work of art expertly fitted with mounted caps on each end (known affectionately around the office as the ‘Two-Headed Monster’). You can savor it one of four different ways: clip both heads and smoke in either direction, or clip right at the mid-point and smoke 2 different robustos. It’s no novelty either. Heralded cigar makers and brands from Graycliff to Gurkha and Padilla to Man O’ War have had their blends crafted in this unique, patented Double Happiness size. Each vitola is precision-blended, in every sense of the word. Only 11 rollers in the factory can make them and each is extraordinarily time-intensive. The tobaccos are optimally fermented and patiently aged....but only the most skilled and experienced torcedors can roll them properly to ensure a perfect burn and balanced, complex bouquet from any direction.

iPhone5 from tapatalk sent was this.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Looks cool and all....

but for me... I guess Im not getting it... unless there is a SUBSTANTIAL price difference between one of those and 2 robustos of the same stick..

If youre just gonna clip it in the middle and smoke it twice.... why not just get the 5x50 2x times to begin with? (I think all of those sticks are available in a robusto?)...

I bet storing them is a pain in the buttocks... (I dont have any trays/drawers/boxes that will accomidate a 10" stick...)...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
SUBSTANTIAL price difference??? It was a whopping $19 for the 10 cigars (or 20 cigars depending on how you look at it ...err I mean cut it)

Double happiness always reminds me of going to two different massage parlors..... one right after the other. Double Happiness ending.

I've got the coolerdor thing going so storage is no big deal :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
For $20 I might be willing to give it a try... the 2 diesels, 4 MoW, 4 Graycliff, and 2 Padilla are worth more than that.... even if you manage to jack up the foot on all of them after trying to cut them :)

I assume they came in some sort of a box for storage that you can put in the cooler?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For $20 I might be willing to give it a try... the 2 diesels, 4 MoW, 4 Graycliff, and 2 Padilla are worth more than that.... even if you manage to jack up the foot on all of them after trying to cut them :)

I assume they came in some sort of a box for storage that you can put in the cooler?
Yea that's kinda what I was thinking about the math thing. Haven't got them yet but if I know CBid (and I do) I highly doubt they'd be in anything other than the cello but I could be wrong. (though I'm not LOL)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The description says Yes or smoke as one big long cigar. The interviews I read say it was blended as one big cigar. The reviews says cut them and also they say smoke it as one big stick. So yes they are meant to be cut in half.... maybe.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
They can't be any bigger than a lfd or opus A right? Idk about the whole cutting in half or smoking from the head to the other head or whatever but storing seems like the least if the worries IMHO.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Damn! I can Barry find time to smoke a corona, let alone a 10x48 behemoth.. Oh well enjoy those bad boys.
I think I'd be nervous about sliding my cutter down the length to split them... Risk wrapper damage.. Maybe a shape knife..

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Damn! I can Barry find time to smoke a corona, let alone a 10x48 behemoth.. Oh well enjoy those bad boys.
I think I'd be nervous about sliding my cutter down the length to split them... Risk wrapper damage.. Maybe a shape knife..
For the longest time I could never sharpen a knife well I finally learned and now can make my edges razor sharp. Yes you can actaully shave with the edge..... so that's what I'll be using. My trusty Gerber with a razor edge.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I just want one diesel to take to the next herf. Snip both ends and smoke for the next six hours.

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've bought them, I've smoked then, not worth it at any price - any of them. I suggested store them, and when you're hanging out w/ friends that want to smoke and don't know any better, cut it in the middle, use it as two cigars for them to share and call it a day.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Far be it from me to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm also in the camp that thinks it's just a marketing gimmick. Personally, if I'm at a Herf I want to smoke different sticks and enjoy different flavor profiles, not just one stick for hours and hours. I'm not a big fan of any of the marques listed though, so I'm biased. For the price I think if nothing more you'll have fun bombing them on people and having them look at you perplexed...

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Far be it from me to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm also in the camp that thinks it's just a marketing gimmick. Personally, if I'm at a Herf I want to smoke different sticks and enjoy different flavor profiles, not just one stick for hours and hours. I'm not a big fan of any of the marques listed though, so I'm biased. For the price I think if nothing more you'll have fun bombing them on people and having them look at you perplexed...
Oh, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't enjoy the experience. I just want to do it for kicks and giggles!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Oh, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't enjoy the experience. I just want to do it for kicks and giggles!
Fair enough! I'm sure you would be easily remembered... Ha ha ha! :cbig:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
actually, while it IS a gimmick, there was a reason for it. IIRC this was done as a tax dodge. if a state's OTP tax is bad, and it is based per stick and not on a percentage of cost, then those guys count as ONE stick, not two, thus halving the per stick tax. this was something i read (and am too lazy to look up) like over a year ago? so, obviously the idea didn't quite catch on.

FWIW, they should all be decent burners, and the price you got was solid, so i hope you enjoy the hell out of them! me, i would go ahead and bisect them, as anything larger than churchill size just never seems to fit in my stash.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Java, only people paying tax are those who live in PA, pretty sure these are a CI exclusive. Sounds like the tax thing is another layer to the gimmick.

At $2 for a stick, if you like em it's a great deal no matter how you slice it (pun intended).