What's new

Draw tool?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well now I need to learn how to do this. Sounds like I've got all the tools, just not the experience.
Practice on a smooth rod with a circumference of a regular draw tool....he told me he just makes a vertical cut half way into the rod.....then grinds it at an angle towards the first cut....wear some thick gloves as the rod will heat up a bit and polish after to get those bits of metal off. I know others are saying that draw tools don't work....10 years later I've yet to come across any cigar I can't fix where it's very smokable and when you consider how much we pay for them...at times as high as $15 and up....I am not going to pitch em and try another one. When I order a good steak and it is served to me where I can barely chew it....I'm not going to walk away from it and not tell somebody. I had a buddy in Washington State who ordered a box of cigars and he kept running into plugged cigars....I told him send me every cigar that was plugged ( he cut the heads and did a dry draw ) and ended up sending me about 14 cigars. When I got them I took them and "unplugged" every one of them and kept them for a couple of days to ensure that they didn't close back up and he told me to smoke one before returning the rest...which I did. He was so grateful that he sent me a box of some really good cigars for fixing his.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Well shoot. He says he's not making them anymore :(. @Sp@rky426
Hekthor had pretty much dropped making anything for a while there. His son recently had a heart transplant and had spent a good bit of time prior away from home, at the hospital, while they were waiting on the donor list. He's started cranking out his latest now, the RAD Pipe, so he's definitely spending a little time in the shop. I wonder if there was enough interest for him to do a run after life settles down a bit if he'd give it consideration?

AuGar

AuGar
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks like I have a new little project, I think I will try and make one with a metal skewer and a dremel and the add a handle to it.