What's new

Dress Shoes - Recommendations

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
For those of you who wear a dress shoe as part of the work attire, was wondering if you had any recommendations / brands that you like (and why)?

Lots of guys I know like Ecco for their durability. I’ve always liked Rockports - I’ve got wide feet and I’ve found them to fit well and still be comfortable, but definitely open to considering other brands / options.

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Ecco are really comfortable. Johnston and Murphy are fantastic. Really helped me a lot when I was having to do a lot of standing and walking on concrete. I have the wide foot problem as well.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Allen Edmunds for me. They make them in wide sizes, and are comfortable enough to hike thru Manhattan when I head to NYC for work.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
+1, AE is the truth and they are American made which always gets my vote. Additionally, you can have them resole your shoes if you wear through the sole. Frequently with QUALITY leather dress shoes, the sole will wear out long before the upper.

Cole Haan's are also stupid comfortable, and quite a bit more affordable.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
When I'm there for work (once a year minimum) I walk in my AEs all over NYC for site tours, and on the subway, and have 0 issues. Same goes for SF and Chicago... but there's not as much walking in those markets.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I wear Johnston and Murphy. They seem to be the only dress shoe that I can wear without it bothering my feet. And only being in the $200 range for most of them is a plus. They last a long time too.