What's new

Drew Estate cigars are...

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I’m not a fan of anything infused, so Acids are out for me. I’m not really a fan of the fire cured either. IMO, the LPs are good but over priced. I like the Undercrown Maduro & Herrera Estelli. The Muwat My Uzi Weighs a Ton Nightcrawler has actually become one of my favorite “everyday/budget” smokes. And for the price it can be had on Cbid, <$20 for a 10 pack in the free fall section, it’s hard to beat for a knock around stick or even an evening smoke.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I’m not a fan of anything infused, so Acids are out for me. I’m not really a fan of the fire cured either. IMO, the LPs are good but over priced. I like the Undercrown Maduro & Herrera Estelli. The Muwat My Uzi Weighs a Ton Nightcrawler has actually become one of my favorite “everyday/budget” smokes. And for the price it can be had on Cbid, <$20 for a 10 pack in the free fall section, it’s hard to beat for a knock around stick or even an evening smoke.
The Muwat baitfish is a pretty nice and tasty short smoke.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m a pretty big Drew fan and like a lot of their stuff. The KFCs are one of my favorites along with Ligas, Herrera E, Nica Rustica etc. Don’t really like the MUWAT or Joya de Nicaragua but they’re not bad, just plain IMO.

Most acids are way too artificial for me, although the deadwoods and sweet kfcs are much milder in sweetness and nice when the mood strikes.

I agree with most guys though, JD is a mastermind of marketing and he is taking his talents all the way to the bank.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Don’t really like the MUWAT or Joya de Nicaragua but they’re not bad, just plain IMO.
Whooooo, I forgot about the Joya. I really liked the Black & Silver. I haven’t had the red yet. But, that just goes to show you the difference in pallets & preferences & reiterates “like what you smoke smoke what you like”!!!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I’m a pretty big Drew fan and like a lot of their stuff. The KFCs are one of my favorites along with Ligas, Herrera E, Nica Rustica etc. Don’t really like the MUWAT or Joya de Nicaragua but they’re not bad, just plain IMO.

Most acids are way too artificial for me, although the deadwoods and sweet kfcs are much milder in sweetness and nice when the mood strikes.

I agree with most guys though, JD is a mastermind of marketing and he is taking his talents all the way to the bank.
JdN is not a DE brand.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big DE fan. Unless I'm at a B&M and need to support the shop, I will find the right deals. A box (24) of Robusto Undercrown (Maduro) for $150 (~6.25/stick). LP can get expensive, but they aren't every day smokes for me. The No9 is my favorite stick, but can be spendy.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might seem that way on the surface, especially in groups like this of serious boutique fans, but they have huge popularity and massive sales volume among the general cigar consuming market.
Most of the guys here that have tried a lot of things generally find better value and flavor from other companies.
Crowned heads
Illusione
Tat
Curivari
Warped/edition one
Etc.
Hell, I prefer CAO flatheads and Amazon series to most DE.
I like what I like, never paid full price. They have a lot on the devils own. At 3-5 bucks a stick they are a very good buy. The nica Rustica is incredible smoke. At any price! Bought 10 cigars that I had never tried and surprisingly it was the best. I'm smoking a Undarcrown right now. I'm at the last 3rd and it's delicious!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I still think the Liga Privada line has some of the best branding in the business. The No9, the Velvet Rat, and the Dirty Rat will always have a special place in my heart even though my palate has shifted and I never smoke maduro/oscuro stuff anymore.

Also, the Herrera Esteli is a genuinely great cigar and has a place in my stash next to Illusions, Warped, El Gueguense, etc. I’ll smoke one of those any time.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I dig Drew Unico series cigars and think they are some of the best stuff out there. The Velvet Rat, Dirty Rat, L40, Ratzilla and UC13 are flat out spectacular smokes. I also find the Herra and Nortena brands right in my wheelhouse too. Undercrown and JdN....meh and the flavored stuff, nope not at all. But the Unico? Oh, my!