What's new

Drop Cigar Club

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
It was good but for the price there are other cigars I would buy. I'm sure they will improve with some rest, so I'll reserve judgment for the time being.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Soooo....does that mean not good rott?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
That was the consensus of the few that tried them fresh. A lot of warped cigars get significantly better after 6-12 months. The description of the original drop indicated that they aged 90 days, so to me, way too fresh. I waited a couple of months before trying one and thought it was really good, but had potential to be great.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I felt the rerelease of the DR Corona De Luxe wasn't that great after letting it rest. The rerelease of Black Honey as well, and then some time after still got same results. I'm hoping these don't follow the trend. I haven't had either of the 2 earlier Drops to see where they stand. But I was a little hesitant about getting this release.

Sent from my SM-G955N using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt the rerelease of the DR Corona De Luxe wasn't that great after letting it rest. The rerelease of Black Honey as well, and then some time after still got same results. I'm hoping these don't follow the trend. I haven't had either of the 2 earlier Drops to see where they stand. But I was a little hesitant about getting this release.

Kyle Gellis is trying to get as much juice as he can from the squeeze. He will clutter his good work with crappy product if not careful.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
40   0   0

I disagree, at this point I think they are both really good, particularly the Corona.

Kyle Gellis is trying to get as much juice as he can from the squeeze. He will clutter his good work with crappy product if not careful.

That's a very cynical view. Limited editions could be pure marketing for a quick money grab, but for many small brands, I believe it's an honest attempt at creating something special, though not always successful.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree, at this point I think they are both really good, particularly the Corona.

That's a very cynical view. Limited editions could be pure marketing for a quick money grab, but for many small brands, I believe it's an honest attempt at creating something special, though not always successful.
Not at all cynical. It's an observation based on his recent moves.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
That was the consensus of the few that tried them fresh. A lot of warped cigars get significantly better after 6-12 months. The description of the original drop indicated that they aged 90 days, so to me, way too fresh. I waited a couple of months before trying one and thought it was really good, but had potential to be great.
I was going to light a The Absurd tonight. After cutting I took a cold-draw and found the most unpleasant, plastic-y, ammonia flavor I'd ever experienced. I don't know if I'll ever be able to smoke these.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I was going to light a The Absurd tonight. After cutting I took a cold-draw and found the most unpleasant, plastic-y, ammonia flavor I'd ever experienced. I don't know if I'll ever be able to smoke these.
Ammonia means sick period. Let hem rest 6-9 months.

Sent from The Department of Arrested Development using an elevated sense of self worth.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Hmm. I smoked one ROTT and didn’t experience anything like that, maybe beat the sick period? It will probably be a bit before I revisit them.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to leave them alone for at least 6 months