What's new

Dunbarton

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Best of luck Steve, I look forward to trying your smokes. But PLEASE make a decent non-maduro, non short fill honest cigar for under $3 a stick for the cheapo's like me. I can't afford to smoke Liga's all day. We need a working man's cigar :)

Thanks
Jose L Piedra (short filler, but under $2/ea, and better flavor than most $3 cigars out there)

Ramon Bueso Genesis Habano. My new favorite yard gar, also under $3/ea. I should probably get a box soon.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Steve

I truly appreciate the honesty and recommendations. I also can appreciate the quality of a top tier cigar, but just can't afford them on a regular basis.

I currently smoke a lot of AJ's stuff and look for sales wherever possible. You can bet that I will sample your goods once they hit the shelves and save them for special occasions. :)

Again, best of luck and I wish you nothing but success!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ninja

Thanks for the recommendations. I tired the Ramon Bueso Habano but unfortunately I really didn't care for the taste that much. They were OK, but there are others I prefer.

Currently smoking Gran Habano 3 SLS, Ave Maria and Latitude Zero. Luckily I can get deals on these through CB.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ordered a bundle Cervantes Fino earlier today from Havana. After much personal debate, I like the idea of a 6 by 46 stick. Home they're on the list of retailers that have received stock!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I keep WARNING people about this - it is definitely a medium-strength liga that IMO is rich and flavorful, it is not a replacement for Liga Privada which is a much more robust stalk cut wrapper and potent ligero blend, whereas Sobremesa is a refined, balanced blend with more complex flavor nuances. The cigars are completely different, the only common thread between the two ligas is that I personally love them both.

This is why I keep encouraging people to TRY them first before committing to a box purchase - I would also suggest you try one of the smaller ring formats along with one of the larger as the split seems to be initially 50/50 as to which smokers prefer.

I would hate to think someone spends $250+ on a box of cigars to find out it didn't suit their palate.

BR,

STS

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I love that Saka is doing a more refined smoke and not the powerhouse azz knocker that is so prevalent In the industry. I'm hoping others follow and reverse this current trend.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I love that Saka is doing a more refined smoke and not the powerhouse azz knocker that is so prevalent In the industry. I'm hoping others follow and reverse this current trend.
I think you are going to see more of this going forward. The California Cabernet went through a similiar evolution. For a long time over the top fruit, in your face extraction was what the consumers demanded (primarily due to a couple of high profile wine reviewers). Now the style is returning to better reflect the art of wine making with finesse, complexity and a bit of elegance.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I keep WARNING people about this - it is definitely a medium-strength liga that IMO is rich and flavorful, it is not a replacement for Liga Privada which is a much more robust stalk cut wrapper and potent ligero blend, whereas Sobremesa is a refined, balanced blend with more complex flavor nuances. The cigars are completely different, the only common thread between the two ligas is that I personally love them both.

This is why I keep encouraging people to TRY them first before committing to a box purchase - I would also suggest you try one of the smaller ring formats along with one of the larger as the split seems to be initially 50/50 as to which smokers prefer.

I would hate to think someone spends $250+ on a box of cigars to find out it didn't suit their palate.

BR,

STS
Only guy I have ever known to go out of his way to talk cigar people out of buying his cigars by the box sight unseen.....lol. I have 3 people who I will buy their stuff by the box without smoking a single stick first....Pete Johnson, Jon Huber and the Crowned Heads bunch and Skip Martin's Roma Craft lineup. I never regret those box buys. I attribute that to all 3 of these blend to their own tastes and I guess my own match up well with theirs.