What's new

E P Carillo Short Run...Just out......

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
The E.P. Carillo folks have a new smoke coming out soon.The concept is a "Short Run", showcasing special blends created by Ernesto Carillo and offered in limited amounts.

This latest offering will be released in three sizes,Robusto,Corona Gorda,and a 60 ring size later in the summer.There will only be 1500 boxes of each size produced.Truly this will be a small batch cigar. I am not sure yet how they will be packaged,ten to a box or twenty.

The blend has a lovely Sumatra wrapper,and the filler is Nicaraguan and Dominican.The blend is designed a bit stronger than the first release,and each subsequent "Short Run" release will be a totally different blend from the others.

The price point is intended to be in the $6.50 to $7.50 average range

The full production blend from Carillo will be released at the IPCPR trade show in August,2010,so if you want to get some of the "Short Run" you will have a narrow window,and when they are gone,there will be another to look forward to......

Attachments

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been to a couple of dozen shops looking for their 2009 limited edition and no one is carrying that.:lookaroun:crytears:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
The Burning Leaf still has a few boxes of the 2009 Inaugural Edition.
If anybody is gonna have them you can beat your last dollar Tim will make sure he's got them there at the Burning Leaf!

Tim has always taken care of the Brothers from the Burning Leaf and all us BOTL'er's too! :thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw these show up today, looks like they are sending bunch of 3 pack samplers out.
Where? I would not mind picking up a sampler.

The 2009 Inaugural was ok out of the box. IMHO, it underperformed against that LGC standards especially with some of the last stuff (Reserva) that Ernesto was putting out.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the stick and I am confident that with age, this is going to be part of my normal rotation. It was just that for me, since my cigar cherry was truly busted by a LGC Serie 4 & 5, I expected more.

Then again, in that addiction is a three-legged stool (Tolerance, Physiological Dependence and Psychological Dependence) with my tolerance being established by the Serie 4, I have chased this desire needlessly for I am never to achieve it.

Therefore, I shall sit back and enjoy.

Pardon the ramble.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't know if the ones I just saw at Davids were the short run or the earlier ones. They ran $14 avg, not $7.5.

If they are worth it, I will pick one up. Anyone care to post a quick review?

Bear

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
If 4500 boxes is "Small Batch," then I guess the Camacho Liberty is a "Super Small Batch," the Illusione ECCJ was a "Crazy Tiny Batch" and the Tatuaje T110 was a "Recockulously Microscopic Batch."

Sorry, couldn't help myself :)

Though I haven't tried any EPC yet, this cigar actually sounds great--a strong Sumatra cigar!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nate, I'm smoking an EPC short run populares right now, and its awesome... considering we have the same palate, I think you'd like it!!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just picked up one of these yesterday. I heard that they have more body than the inaugural. VERY excited to smoke it!

Bear