What's new

Eagle Scouts

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I know of at least one other. I'll let him identify himself but I am proud to say that I attended his Eagle Scout ceremony. It seems like it was a long time ago!

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I was close but didn't get to finish my eagle scout project.
My mom got really sick and i needed to help with her before College.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
sgresso said:
I was close but didn't get to finish my eagle scout project.
My mom got really sick and i needed to help with her before College.
Nothing wrong with that. Certainly an act of an Eagle Scout! :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I wasn't in Scouts. I was, however, a Hiawatha. Sort of the same idea but with an American Indian theme. Rather than merit badges we had coup sticks and you'd get a faux eagle feather for each accomplishment. Hiawatha was an offshoot of the Improved Order of Red Men which is a fraternal civic group founded in 1765 and originally known as the Sons of Liberty. The same bunch that put on the Boston Tea Party.
We didn't have an equivalent to Eagle Scout but I did work my way through the chairs and serve three terms as Sachem (chief) of my chapter. We did some cool stuff. One of my favorites was being a part of the Red Hawk Raiders. In 1976 covered wagons linked up from every state in the U.S. and made their way to Philadelphia PA for the Bicentenial Celebration and parade. By the time they got to PA there were two wagon trains coming from different directions. They'd camp in towns along the way and put on folk music shows or rodeo's for the locals. We raided both of them. One was a rodeo type show at Indiantown Gap. These people and horses were in the ring when all of a sudden 100 screaming indians swarmed over the fence, stormed the arena and took over the show. They had no idea what was happening and the audience thought it was part of the show. It was a blast! After we tied up the announcers and wagonmaster and took some of the women hostage we made peace, presented them with a plaque and got a personal tour of the whole wagon train. I also got to march in full Sachem regalia in the Bicentenial Parade in Philadelphia. Quite a head rush for a 14 year old.
Sorry for the threadjack. Just tripping down memory lane.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
windowrx said:
I know of at least one other. I'll let him identify himself but I am proud to say that I attended his Eagle Scout ceremony. It seems like it was a long time ago!

That's because it was a long time ago. In fact if I had joined the military right after the ceremony, I could now be retired. :crytears: Oh well, ten years and eleven months I can start my next career. Maybe I'll go back into Scouting. It'd be like starting over again.

Later,
Dub

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Yes, I made it, was very active as a young kid (hard to hold me back). After Boy Scouts. My Father (Mr. Forest Ranger) and I started a Explorer Post in my area (yes it was a Foresty Post)....I guess that is where I pick it up too.....I have been with the US Forest Service for 33 years..:wink: :usaflag:

sigguy

smoking gun & cigar
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made it to Life Scout.
I Was offered to go into the Order of the Arrows, but declined.
I was getting too wrapped up in sports... The Daniel Webster Council here in NH
Good times..