What's new

Eagle Scouts

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I think thats what a majority of us did. Its like whoa time is gone.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I signed up for Boy Scouts when I was around 8 years old. They never called me back! :bangbang: :riflefire Boy Scouts

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Vipe,
For all the Boy Scouts of America we apologize. Now we would love you to sign up as a volunteer. I guaranty they will call you back now. :computer:

sleepydoc

Gas Passer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Maybe they could have a program for all us older, lapsed Scouts.

We could earn "Bald" Eagles. :halfgrinw

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
1970 for me. We bought our backpacks at REI. It had just opened and was a co-op.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I went to Philmont in '80 with a really crapping external frame. 110 miles in ten days with a POS backpack. Now I've got a really good backpack but need to get into shape in order to try something like that again. I also went to the Sommers Canoe Base outside Ely, MN in '81. We did a total of 240 miles in ten days with about 15 miles of portage. Now those packs were really sad. Giant bags with two straps to cut through your shoulders.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I went to Philmont in '80 with a really crapping external frame. 110 miles in ten days with a POS backpack. Now I've got a really good backpack but need to get into shape in order to try something like that again. I also went to the Sommers Canoe Base outside Ely, MN in '81. We did a total of 240 miles in ten days with about 15 miles of portage. Now those packs were really sad. Giant bags with two straps to cut through your shoulders.
We did the John Muir Trail from one end to the other. Used Kelty Packs and down bags. Food drops every 50 miles. Was a great trip.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Looks beautiful. The wifey and I were in Estes Park, CO this past Sept. Me for business and she for fun, anyway, we went up in the Rocky Mtn National Park and I wish I could have spent another week up there. The Aspens were just starting to turn, but the temps were perfect. We're planning on heading back this Sept. Just for fun next time.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
We did the John Muir Trail from one end to the other. Used Kelty Packs and down bags. Food drops every 50 miles. Was a great trip.
My first real pack was a Kelty Yukon (way old style). I referbished the old pack and sent it to my nephew who's been in scouting for about two years. You'd have thought I sent him a bucket of gold. I've got a Jansport Alaska internal frame now. North Face down bag, Sierra Designs Omega tent, hell I've got everything I need for some awesome backcountry camping, except extra time.