What's new

East Coast Vacation ideas...

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Looking for a some nice relaxing vacation ideas. Wife wants to take a vacation and neither of us have been east. I personally would rather have a week off and not leave the state.

Nothing super populated, cool museums, fun historical site seeing. Really want to see the historic southern must sees...

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Some ideas from the Mason-Dixon line south. You can google each
Washington DC - History, museums, hot as hell in the summer
Old Town Alexandria, VA - History, George Washington, restaurants, close to D.C.
Richmond, VA - History, museums, three major theme parks, major foodie/craft beer scene
Outer Banks of North Carolina - Family friendly beach scene, classier crowd than you'd find at VA Beach or Myrtle Beach, typical beach towns
Wilmington, NC - History, beautiful, nice beaches,
Charleston, SC - History, beautiful downtown
Savanna, GA - Fancy, expensive

That's all I can think of right meow.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Some ideas from the Mason-Dixon line south. You can google each
Washington DC - History, museums, hot as hell in the summer
Old Town Alexandria, VA - History, George Washington, restaurants, close to D.C.
Richmond, VA - History, museums, three major theme parks, major foodie/craft beer scene
Outer Banks of North Carolina - Family friendly beach scene, classier crowd than you'd find at VA Beach or Myrtle Beach, typical beach towns
Wilmington, NC - History, beautiful, nice beaches,
Charleston, SC - History, beautiful downtown
Savanna, GA - Fancy, expensive
That's all I can think of right meow.
+1 on these
If it's history you want to see then I would also throw Williamsburg in the mix with Richmond too (about an hour south of Richmond). Yorktown, Jamestown and Williamsburg have a lot of stuff to see, plus you have Busch Gardens there.

DC is fun if you have never been and the Metro makes it easy to pay less for hotels outside the District and commute in.

I love Myrtle Beach due to the fact it's pretty cheap to go if you pick the right time of year. Only major drawback to MB is it pretty much requires you to drive there as flying there can be pricey

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
+1 on these
If it's history you want to see then I would also throw Williamsburg in the mix with Richmond too (about an hour south of Richmond). Yorktown, Jamestown and Williamsburg have a lot of stuff to see, plus you have Busch Gardens there.

DC is fun if you have never been and the Metro makes it easy to pay less for hotels outside the District and commute in.

I love Myrtle Beach due to the fact it's pretty cheap to go if you pick the right time of year. Only major drawback to MB is it pretty much requires you to drive there as flying there can be pricey
Thank you for all the suggestions. I've been doing a bunch of searching for places and there is so many places that I didn't even know where to start.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No on Saint Augustine. Yes in Charleston SC. So much to do in Charleston. Actual culture, historical sites and food! Glorious low country, full of flavor and love food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Charleston kicks fucking ass, I love going there. It's a great food town and has lots of other great shopping/attractions

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
St. Petersburg
Jacksonville
Not so east coast murtle beach
Hilton head island north carolina
Umm Hilton head is in SC, WAYYYYY down in SC, almost GA. Stop using Yahoo maps!

It depends on the time of the year and what kind of experience you are looking for.

Asheville NC: Located in what we call the mountains. (you probably will laugh at them being from Montana) Lots of Museums, Biltmore house, restaurants and so forth. Easy drive to many water falls and mountain B&B's
Myrtle Beach: Red neck Riviera. Very Touristy, so so beaches, lots of golf.
Wilmington NC: Nice beaches, Battleship NC museum, great seafood. Lots of historic sites within easy Drive.
Savannah GA: Very nice. Lots to do on the riverfront area. Museums, restaurants, beaches. 8th Air force Museum is a must see if you like that type of thing. Ghost tours yada yada
Charleston: Expensive if you stay in Historic Charleston. Folly beach, Isle of Palms and other beaches are great and a short drive to downtown. Visit the USS Yorktown Aircraft Carrier Museum at Patriots point. (a good tour is at least a half a day)
Beaufort SC: Just above Hilton head. The place for plantation homes and great food. Good beaches. Incredible food.
Hilton Head: My favorite and we have vacationed there for 30 years. Stay at Seapines Plantation (the largest). Mid island is reasonable cost and there is a trolly system that will take yoy anywhere in Sea Pines for free. Great food. Miles and miles of bike pathes (paved) a couple of museums, Harbortown, and the beaches are the best in NC and SC.

If you haven't been to the south east in the summer it can be 98 degrees and 70-80% humidity so just be warned. Those plantation homes don't have huge shade trees and wrap around porches for no reason.