What's new

East Coast Vacation ideas...

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Umm Hilton head is in SC, WAYYYYY down in SC, almost GA. Stop using Yahoo maps!

It depends on the time of the year and what kind of experience you are looking for.

Asheville NC: Located in what we call the mountains. (you probably will laugh at them being from Montana) Lots of Museums, Biltmore house, restaurants and so forth. Easy drive to many water falls and mountain B&B's
Myrtle Beach: Red neck Riviera. Very Touristy, so so beaches, lots of golf.
Wilmington NC: Nice beaches, Battleship NC museum, great seafood. Lots of historic sites within easy Drive.
Savannah GA: Very nice. Lots to do on the riverfront area. Museums, restaurants, beaches. 8th Air force Museum is a must see if you like that type of thing. Ghost tours yada yada
Charleston: Expensive if you stay in Historic Charleston. Folly beach, Isle of Palms and other beaches are great and a short drive to downtown. Visit the USS Yorktown Aircraft Carrier Museum at Patriots point. (a good tour is at least a half a day)
Beaufort SC: Just above Hilton head. The place for plantation homes and great food. Good beaches. Incredible food.
Hilton Head: My favorite and we have vacationed there for 30 years. Stay at Seapines Plantation (the largest). Mid island is reasonable cost and there is a trolly system that will take yoy anywhere in Sea Pines for free. Great food. Miles and miles of bike pathes (paved) a couple of museums, Harbortown, and the beaches are the best in NC and SC.

If you haven't been to the south east in the summer it can be 98 degrees and 70-80% humidity so just be warned. Those plantation homes don't have huge shade trees and wrap around porches for no reason.
I was just spouting suggestions i used no maps. It has been a long time since i been to any of those places but i remember enjoying them

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
You guys were right. Charleston is an awesome looking place. Buying freeze is officially starting today, just so I can afford the vacation she has come up with in her head. Thank you all for the suggestions.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I am going to voice Charleston, SC. Great time. May I also suggest Sandbridge VA if you're looking for beaches. Very nice.

I would avoid DC in the summer hot and VERY HUMID and a lot of the metro cars don't have AC. Coming from a guy that live there for 30 years, the Metro is the worst mass transit system in the US. I would advise going to DC during the spring or fall, much more enjoyable and you won't have the crowds (except during cherry blossom time).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One great thing about Charleston. If you stay in the historic area you don't need a car. You can take the free and walk everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk