What's new

East TN HERF

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I wish you guys lived closer I would love to join. I don't think there is anyone around me that does stuff like this.
Super Jealous and wish you guys a world of fun.

Cheers,
JM

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
We'll just have to plan a link up the next time I am in Toronto.. I usually make it there at least once a year for a couple of days for work...

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Dang Rupe?

I just noticed that its closer for me coming from South Carolina, than it is for you coming from Nashville. Well I guess when you compare it to where you live its a lot closer......lol ;)

I hope the weather is nice, so we can take the bikes. Don't really care about the temps but the rain would suck. So we'll rely on Dave for the weather info from his home to western North Carolina. And B. and I will watch it from here to Western North Carolina.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Total guess here... but Im thinking daily temps should be into the mid to high 50's by then... we just had a cold spell where a couple of days dropped into the low 30's... but Im thinking spring is finally here... We usually get a TON of rain in April and May though... Ill keep an eye out on local weather and weather underground and keep you posted..

If we get rained out and cant get the smoker going for a back yard feast.. not a problem.. there are plenty of smoke friendly places around here.. we can do a last minute change and hit one of the local cigar bars (Baker Peters Steakhouse has a nice place upstairs that has live jazz, funk, or fusion music every night.. and they serve one of the best steaks in the city... they open at 430... and stay open late http://bakerpeters.com/ ).. or for a lower cost option, we can go grab some burgers at a local restaurant somewhere and then hit one of the B&M lounges...

For those traveling too far to go back home that night, let me know if you're going to be looking for overnight accommodation by shooting me a PM.. I might have a very low cost solution for you (not 100% certain on this.. but I think I can work something out)...

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Yea I am one of the guys that buzz your house lol. I live right off northshore and pellisppi. Hope everything lines up ok and I can swing by.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Yea I am one of the guys that buzz your house lol.
I might have to figure out a way to talk you into a ride-a-long lol... I think the 58 is the only army platform I havent been able to catch a lift in so far lol.. (although Ive done a bit of riding in civilian jet rangers over the year)...

I managed to catch rides in everything from old hueys to 6's, 60's, 47's, of both the standard and the MH variety back when I was in.. even got a jump logged out of an old CH54 skycrane back in the early 90's just before the MS NG got rid of their last couple of birds.. THAT was an experience lol... but Ive never managed to talk a 58 driver into giving me a lift :)

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Low man on the totem pole here. They are super strict on who we take up for morale rides with the budget cuts and the fact it is technically a two pilot bird(kind of lol). When we meet up I will be able to talk more about it.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
lol.. I was just screwing around with you.. I got out in the mid 90's... its been a long time since I wore a green suit or begged rides from helo drivers..

It actually used to be part of my job though.. I was the S3 Air at one time for a unit that had pretty heavy aviation support requirements :)