What's new

EDC thread time.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What do you all carry? Doesn't have to be limited to firearms.

Mine.
KWG_2696 by Shift_Six, on Flickr

Glock 43 in a DSG holster, w/ Federal HST's and a reload
Carbon Fiber Wallet,
CRKT M21-14 knife,
Surefire flashlight (at night)
Steinhart Watch
Dillon Optical Sunglasses
Keys,
iPhone 6 (not pictured)

Comments, & critiques welcome :cigar:
Do you have to wear super baggy clothes to carry all of this shit?

EDIT: And I don't mean that as a derogatory comment, just a serious question. I carry my wallet and my phone and it feels like too much.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

EDIT: And I don't mean that as a derogatory comment, just a serious question. I carry my wallet and my phone and it feels like too much.
Pistol is super light clips inside the waist band, and easy to carry, spare mag fits perfectly in the coin pocket of jeans above the front right pocket, and even when im not carrying the pistol I always have the knife clipped in a pocket. (old work habit. Comes in handy way more than you'd think) and I dont even notice either of them being there. My wallet, phone and keys are the annoying part. Pretty much anywhere I go where I am sitting down, they all come out of my pockets and placed on the table... Cant stand having stuff in my pockets.

As for the flashlight... it basically stays in the car unless im camping / hiking etc

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Pistol is super light clips inside the waist band, and easy to carry, spare mag fits perfectly in the coin pocket of jeans above the front right pocket, and even when im not carrying the pistol I always have the knife clipped in a pocket. (old work habit. Comes in handy way more than you'd think) and I dont even notice either of them being there. My wallet, phone and keys are the annoying part. Pretty much anywhere I go where I am sitting down, they all come out of my pockets and placed on the table... Cant stand having stuff in my pockets.

As for the flashlight... it basically stays in the car unless im camping / hiking etc
Awesome, thanks man! you really don't feel the pistol when it's IWB? That's good to know. I have taken my class but I haven't gotten my permit yet because I can't see carrying around a pistol all day long. I feel like I'd need to size up pants! I also have a nice knife that I never carry because like you said, stuff in the pockets drives me nuts! I have a nice front pocket wallet and that's about all I can stand in my pockets!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Awesome, thanks man! you really don't feel the pistol when it's IWB? That's good to know. I have taken my class but I haven't gotten my permit yet because I can't see carrying around a pistol all day long. I feel like I'd need to size up pants! I also have a nice knife that I never carry because like you said, stuff in the pockets drives me nuts! I have a nice front pocket wallet and that's about all I can stand in my pockets!
The pistol and the holster makes the biggest difference in the world. Im not a big dude, and dont wear super baggy clothing either. When I first got my CHL I was trying to carry a G23 (40 cal glock) in a leather IWB holster and it was bulky, uncomfortable, and you could see it printing through my cloths. (wasnt obvious it was a gun, but it was obvious something was there)

Then I bought a single stack (thin) Glock 43. Its smaller and lighter in every measurable way. I paired it with a kydex holster from DSG arms since they're local to my parents and it was a match made in heaven. Easy to clip in and remove from the belt, but stays in place when you want it to, doesnt rub, and doesnt stick out.
Dont get me wrong, you know you're carrying, but its easy to forget its there, and its definitely not uncomfortable like my larger G23 was.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Haha, that's exactly what I own the G23, and there's no way I'm carrying that thing around! Thanks for all the pointers man. Makes me interested in doing some more research and finally getting my CCW. All it takes now is a fingerprint and $150. Everything else has been done.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haha, that's exactly what I own the G23, and there's no way I'm carrying that thing around! Thanks for all the pointers man. Makes me interested in doing some more research and finally getting my CCW. All it takes now is a fingerprint and $150. Everything else has been done.
Any time buddy! :) If you have any other questions feel free to post em up, or pm me any time! G'luck with the research

Rating - 100%
55   0   0

Ha. That's nothing. Much more than that can be carried. ..as long as you aren't wearing skinny jeans.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
IF you try to put 2"of gun and holster iwb into your current pants with your current belt, it will be like gaining 2"on your waistline and trying to squeeze into your current pants. ..uncomfortable.

If you buy pants that accommodate the iwb holster and a true double thick gun belt of the correct size it will work much better. Comfort comes at a price.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Another key element that is lost in today's fashion is that you actually have to wear your pants properly for IWB carry... on your waist, not on your hips. It is crazy uncomfortable, and you tend to print a lot more, wearing your pants lower.