What's new

El Rey del Mundo Choix Supremes, thoughts?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I haven't had this marca and was wondering what y'all guys thought of this particular stick. My favorite CC's so far are PSD4, VR Famosos, some of the PL regionals. Looking for something different to try but can't pick between the ERDM Choix's and the R&J Short Churchills.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Between the two you are looking at, CVhoix would be the easy choice for me. Great with some age, and the fresh ones have been pretty good the last few years as well. Not a fan of the RyJ Short Churchill at all.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Was gifted an ERDM choix supreme from a BOTL from another board and I was very pleasantly surprised with it. Quite the delicious smoke that I thoroughly enjoyed to the nub. Has that "daily rotation" quality to it imo although experience is limited.

As for the RyJ short churchills, have good experiences with them. More complex (subtle) in terms of flavors in comparison to the choix supreme.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm smoking a Diplo 2 at the moment. Pretty good stick but the price isn't justifiable. So far I see a lot of love for the Choixs. I am pondering about adding them in with a purchase of Cuaba Salomones.

(the Diplo 2 is from early 2011, one year has made a huge difference!)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the ERdM Choix Supreme is ok in my book. it isnt something that i go out of my way to have in my humidor, but when one shows up on my doorstep im happy to see it.

for reference, one of my favorite cigars out of cuba is the HdM Des Dieux, followed by most of the RyJ line. i hope that helps.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I could smoke that cigar everyday. It has a flavor that reminds me of what I always imagined cigars to taste like based on the smell from childhood. I know not very descriptive but it evokes emotions!
And I am getting two more of them tomarrow! Lucky day!

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I really like the RyJ Short Churchill. Haven't had the ERDM Choix (I have a 10 year old one sitting in my humi that smells incredible, smoking that soon) but I did want to defend the Short Church. :-D

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I could smoke that cigar everyday. It has a flavor that reminds me of what I always imagined cigars to taste like based on the smell from childhood. I know not very descriptive but it evokes emotions!
And I am getting two more of them tomarrow! Lucky day!
Are u speaking of the Choixs?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've never tried the R&J Short Churchills but you can't go wrong with the ERDM CS. I always have some on hand and highly recommend them.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
ERDM at the moment is way better than the RyJ's which are going through a real down spell. If you're also looking for a good bang for the buck try the SLR Regios.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I really like the RyJ Short Churchill. Haven't had the ERDM Choix (I have a 10 year old one sitting in my humi that smells incredible, smoking that soon) but I did want to defend the Short Church. :-D
No need to defend them, Brother, to each his own. Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. :)

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Have to second the regios cab. The erdm are great but really need downtime to shine.

3rd the Regios:)

Burned through a box of 25 pretty quickly. Ordered another. But they needed a little down time unlike the last box.

As Terran mentioned they are great bang for the buck and would make a fine everyday smoke.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Love me some Choix with just a few years on them. Such a classic cuban flavor imo. Smooth, steady smoke. Just a hint of spice, combined with a hint of sweet tobacco. Hell it even has that "burn" sound you get with some aged smokes. Not overly complex but it doesn't need to be either. Just great flavors.